Highlighted

C drive usage?

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Something I have noticed.  When performing any operation in LR, naturally there is RAM usage on my laptop, and when I chack in with what's available on my C drive, it will say X%.  Fine.  But sometimes what's available on my C drive is low and gets eaten up fast by LR, and then the strange thing occurs.  It appears that the processing's needs remain as 'eaten up' space on C, until I close down LR and re-open to see that levels have restored to previous.  In other words, since I am running low on C anyway, doing a whole session in LR is difficult because of low disk space, even though in reality there is just enough.

Please advise,

DC

Topics

Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

C drive usage?

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Something I have noticed.  When performing any operation in LR, naturally there is RAM usage on my laptop, and when I chack in with what's available on my C drive, it will say X%.  Fine.  But sometimes what's available on my C drive is low and gets eaten up fast by LR, and then the strange thing occurs.  It appears that the processing's needs remain as 'eaten up' space on C, until I close down LR and re-open to see that levels have restored to previous.  In other words, since I am running low on C anyway, doing a whole session in LR is difficult because of low disk space, even though in reality there is just enough.

Please advise,

DC

Topics

Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much RAM does your system have?

More than likely the Windows page/swap file (the file that mimics RAM) is growing. Could also be caused by the LR Classic Previews folder growing.

If you are almost out of disk space then your C drive is to full to begin with. You should have a minumin of 20% free space on all your drives.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What sort of external ports does this laptop have? USB-C? Thunderbolt?, etc.

Are they good enough to run a fast external hard drive?

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 9.3, PS 21.2; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.5; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines