Highlighted

Camera Metadata

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a large nunber of older photographs from the 70s and 80s that were scanned originally to Photoshop Elements from a Canon slide scanner, then transferred to Lightroom. The camera metadata on all of them show Minolta DualScan 2. I would like to change these to the actual camera used for the original slides, but so far have not been able to figure out to edit that field. Is it editable, and if so, how? Thanks all.

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Camera Metadata

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a large nunber of older photographs from the 70s and 80s that were scanned originally to Photoshop Elements from a Canon slide scanner, then transferred to Lightroom. The camera metadata on all of them show Minolta DualScan 2. I would like to change these to the actual camera used for the original slides, but so far have not been able to figure out to edit that field. Is it editable, and if so, how? Thanks all.

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That field is not editable. You will either have to put that information in the user comment field or in the comments field. If the pictures were scanned with a Canon slide scanner, I'm curious as to why Lightroom is indicating a Minolta DualScan 2.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because I had a brain spasm and called it Canon, because one of my current scanners is a Canon. It was an old Minolta that did a really good job back in the early 00's.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not possible using Lightroom's builtin metadata editing tools. However, a third party plugin such as LensTagger is worth looking into https://www.essl.de/software/lenstagger-lightroom-plugin/

I haven't used in a long time, but seem to recall that it also supported camera names, etc

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I may look into that.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines