• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera profile affect also Detail parameters, like Noise Reduction

Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to Lightroom. I have a Nikon Z7, and changed the preferences to use Camera Settings profiles rather than Adobe Default. It renders better the colors as I want them. In particular the sky.

I noticed that a side effect, is that now LR automatically asigns Detail parameters to each photo (Sharepening and Noise Reduction). Was not the case with Adobe Color profile.

I am not necessarely against that, but want to understand more how these settings are decided (they are not the same for each picture). Actually, not even clear to me what each of these 10 parameters are. I have seen many "how to" videos, but no clear help that tells me exactly what each parameter is.

Thanks for your help

Enrique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

The Nikon Z series cameras actually include Lightroom/camera raw settings in the raw files. They typically affect detail settings. If you select camera settings, Lightroom uses these to change the Lightroom settings. So they are coming from your camera. Most of these settings are automatically determined in camera by some intelligence based on what exposure settings you used and scene recognition. You can see these settings if you open the NEF files in a text editor. Here for example is what was

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Nikon Z series cameras actually include Lightroom/camera raw settings in the raw files. They typically affect detail settings. If you select camera settings, Lightroom uses these to change the Lightroom settings. So they are coming from your camera. Most of these settings are automatically determined in camera by some intelligence based on what exposure settings you used and scene recognition. You can see these settings if you open the NEF files in a text editor. Here for example is what was included in a recent shot on my Z7:

<rdf:Description rdf:about="" xmlns:xmp="http://ns.adobe.com/xap/1.0/"><xmp:CreatorTool>NIKON Z 7 Ver.03.10     </xmp:CreatorTool><xmp:CreateDate>2020-10-07T17:56:59.89</xmp:CreateDate><xmp:Rating>0</xmp:Rating> </rdf:Description><rdf:Description rdf:about="" xmlns:crd="http://ns.adobe.com/camera-raw-defaults/1.0/"><crd:Exposure2012>0.00</crd:Exposure2012><crd:Highlights2012>0</crd:Highlights2012><crd:Shadows2012>0</crd:Shadows2012><crd:LuminanceSmoothing>25</crd:LuminanceSmoothing><crd:LuminanceNoiseReductionDetail>75</crd:LuminanceNoiseReductionDetail><crd:LuminanceNoiseReductionContrast>0</crd:LuminanceNoiseReductionContrast><crd:ColorNoiseReduction>10</crd:ColorNoiseReduction><crd:ColorNoiseReductionDetail>50</crd:ColorNoiseReductionDetail><crd:ColorNoiseReductionSmoothness>50</crd:ColorNoiseReductionSmoothness><crd:Sharpness>44</crd:Sharpness><crd:SharpenRadius>2.00</crd:SharpenRadius><crd:SharpenDetail>25</crd:SharpenDetail><crd:SharpenEdgeMasking>0</crd:SharpenEdgeMasking><crd:Contrast2012>-12</crd:Contrast2012><crd:Saturation>4</crd:Saturation><crd:CameraProfile>Camera Standard</crd:CameraProfile></rdf:Description></rdf:RDF>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much, Jao. This is exactly what I wanted to know. Remains to know how my camera decides, but this is a different story...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines