• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera profile is missing after update to 7.4

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably after recent updates we have a bug between Camera RAW and Lightroom.

The problem also occurs

here Camera Raw profiles are missing (Matrix is shown instead)

and here camera matching profiles missing in Adobe Raw

I use Lightroom Classic CC on 3 Mac computers (2 CC plans). On my Mac Mini and MacBook Pro Retina everything are OK, but on this one my Adobe RAW and Camera profiles are missing. I can see only a Matrix profile (??).

Zrzut ekranu 2018-06-25 18.56.56.png

1st location with profiles:

Zrzut ekranu 2018-06-25 17.43.23.png

2nd location:

Zrzut ekranu 2018-06-25 17.43.34.png

I have the latest Camera RAW update. Yes I'm selecting RAW (NEF) files. After last update I don't have any Adobe profiles, Fuji X100 and Nikon Camera profiles (D800E and D810). The computer is Mac Pro, High Sierra 10.13.5 (as on all computers) and Lightroom 7.4 Classic CC on my 3 computers.

Zrzut ekranu 2018-06-25 17.40.06.png

7 days ago when I LR 7.4 comes I've update my Photoshop, Lightroom and install Bridge. I believe that the problem was caused by Bridge install, which I have not used for years and I was tempted to see what is going on in the application. I don't have Bridge installed on the other 2 computers - and I have on them my profiles.

Yesterday I tried to get help through chat but unfortunately I came across an employee who is not familiar with Lightroom. [case number ADB-2638586-M4D7] We did a remote session. He was not oriented in profiles at all, he had to show the problem, he clicked on the labels that are not used for clicking.

We have determined that in Lightroom 6 the profiles work and I have been left with the information that the technicians will work on the repair.

1,5 hours lost.

What I did myself after chat, I removed Bridge, just do a downgrade from Lightroom Classic CC 7.4 to Lightroom 7.3.1 and profiles are display. The problem isn't in Lightroom 7.4 because everything works on two other computers.

I also found a "Manage Profiles" window when you click the right mouse button:

What I have:

Zrzut ekranu 2018-06-25 18.56.37.png

What I should have:

Zrzut ekranu 2018-06-25 18.56.44.png

Two sections which are on MacBook Pro and are missing on Mac Pro:

Zrzut ekranu 2018-06-25 18.12.18.png

Can anyone help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2018 Sep 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so no answer? or did you figure it out? I just got myself a mac (everything is recently installed and purchased) and none of my profiles are there, not even camera standard. On the other hand my up-to-date PC works totally fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 02, 2018 Sep 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First make sure you are indeed looking at a raw file on the machine. If you are, it looks like your installation of Classic is hosed for some reason on the misbehaving machine. Lightroom stores the standard profiles inside the app, not inside the camera raw folder anymore. You should uninstall Classic from the creative cloud thingie in the menu bar and reinstall it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 02, 2018 Sep 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would this be helpful?

Some perspective in this thread from John Ellis at- Lightroom Classic: Presets including raw profiles are sometimes available for non-raws, sometimes no...

It looks like from your post that some of your camera profiles are missing and this may give that a context for further help . . .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem! and no one has come up with a solution. Even on version 7.5 They still don't work!

But also in Camera Raw! is the same problem, all my cameras show only the Matrix profile, or a custom one i had used in previous versions of Lightroom, but is missing, even though it is installed.

I can use Lightroom CC 2015 and they do work, but not on the new version of Lightroom CC Classic. and not on the Adobe Camera Raw inside Photoshop.

This on the Lightroom CC 2015 latest version. You can see I can select different profiles, since it's a DNG file I get the Adobe standar and some custom ones I bought.

Screen Shot 2018-09-25 at 22.12.36.jpg

On the new Version Lightroom CC Classic 7.5 I can select only color and mochrome! And it says the profile I'm using in the previous version of Lightroom is missing!

Screen Shot 2018-09-27 at 16.10.25.jpg

Well, on CR2, RAF and ARW files is worst! I could select tons of profiles in Lightroom CC 2015!

Screen Shot 2018-09-25 at 22.13.41.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-09-25 at 22.14.20.jpg

But on the New version of Lightroom CC Classic 7.5 It only says Matrix! and you cant select anything more! And its the same in Adobe Camera Raw!!!

Screen Shot 2018-09-27 at 16.14.09.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-09-27 at 16.53.02.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-09-27 at 16.13.50.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-09-27 at 16.54.03.jpg

Did you managed to fix it?

All I can do is work with Lightroom CC 2015 for now, and don't use Photoshop for RAW files!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those are all profiles from a third party profile shop. You probably simply have to install them in Lightroom 7.5 which you do using the plus button and then point it to the zip file you downloaded from the profile shop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but no, those are not all 3rd party profiles, its missing the camera original profiles as well, basically it only says Matrix. If it can’t find or use propietary camera profiles, of course it won’t find or use 3rd party ones.

It should at least say Camera vivid, camera portrait, camera landscape, etc... along wiht the 3rd party profiles which are indeed installed and imported inside Lightroom, it just doesn't find them or see them or use them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that case, something is hosed in your Lightroom installation. the simplest thing is to delete the Lightroom Application and reinstall from the creative cloud app. You can do both from the creative cloud app. You'll probably have to reinstall the profile package afterwards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did uninstalled Lightroom CC Classic, and Photoshop CC latest version. But it didn’t fix it. It’s an Adobe Camera Raw thing, because it does the same there. Bit it didn’t remove it when I unistalled both apps. Don’t know how to remove ACR, short of removing every single trace of Adobe in my computer. And even don’t know how to do that. 

I’ve seen secarle people with the same problem in this forum, yet Adobe refuse to acknowledge it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, please post a screen-clip of your System Info...  LR-Menu: HELP>SYSTEM INFO...

It may help a diagnosis.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK go to the following folder:

Mac—Macintosh HD/Users/ [your username] /Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles/

Windows—C:\Users\ [your username] \AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles\

Move everything you see in that folder out of it to a folder on your desktop.

Restart Lightroom and see if the built-in profiles are available again. If so, reinstall the third party profiles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! that did it!

I removed everything from that folder and the i got the Adobe Profiles, and then I just replaced the original Camera folder and then imported the 3rd party profiles and now it works!

Screen Shot 2018-09-28 at 11.47.55.jpg

The only thing now, is that inside that FolderMacintosh HD/Users/ [your username] /Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles/Camera

I don't have neither my Fuji X100 original, or any Fuji for that matter. And don't have my Sony a7RIII Nor my Pentax 645D.

It does however detect the cameras and lets me chose its profiles. Do you know if this is right?

I don't have any of the new cameras by Nikon, Sony, don't have any Fuji, and don't have my Pentax 645D.

this is all there is inside.

Screen Shot 2018-09-28 at 11.56.27.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-09-28 at 11.56.44.jpgScreen Shot 2018-09-28 at 11.56.52.jpg

Tanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the camera standard profiles are stored inside the application bundle

inside the applications folder. They are hard to get to. You won’t see them

anywhere on your hard disk without the special trick so what you are seeing

is completely normal. Also, inside Lightroom you don’t see the camera name

associated with the profiles but you probably already knew that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2018 Oct 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im havin this issue and nothing in here has helped. The show in LR CC but not Classic or Photoshop.

Here's PS CC

Q9RJw07.png

LR CC Classic

2Ac9MsC.png

LR CC

yyGM1r6.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem was an ACR camera profile folder corruption, so I removed everyhting inside that folder, and then it worked on all of them.

Have you tried that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean going here:

Mac—Macintosh HD/Users/ [your username] /Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles/

And removing those profiles?

Didnt work for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I removed everything from there. That gave me back Adobe basic profiles back. And then just put back the folder named Camera. And that gave me back my camera profiles, and then just reimported my 3rd party profiles and then everything worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

I've the same problem. (Yes, I'm working on a RAW file)

I've tried to deleting che CameraProfile folder but doesn't works. Tried to create a profile with Colorchecker passport external program or internal plugin, but nothing happens.

But my folder is this one (It was always like this).

So I don't know where are the basic profiles that are still present in Lightroom.

I just updated, without any results, LR to 8.0 and CameraRaw to 11.0

PS: the "show hidden files" option is Enabled.

Please help me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2018 Oct 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Solved.

Exporting the DNG file I have to save also the camera info.

Exporting in this way the colorchecker profile is visible in the list.

I hope this will be useful for some other guys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines