• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Profile RAW import not working

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having gone through Edit / Preferences (Windows O.S.) and made Camera Settings the default RAW import option, Lightroom does not keep those settings for all imported photos. Some photos are imported with Camera Settings, but some (no apparent rhyme or reason) change the photo back to Adobe Standard and I can't see why. Any suggestions? THANKS.

Screenshot attached!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are any of the photos jpegs? The defaults only apply to imported raw files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, just RAW. When I choose to import JPEG's there's never a problem as the Camera Profile and Crop are "baked into" the file. I have been trying to find a way to import RAW with Camera Settings and thought this was my solution.... got my hopes up but it's not working properly.... hopefully just a bug in the software that can be easily remedied. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When choosing the default there are three choices: Adobe, Camera or Preset.

If using a preset check your profile & other settings. Otherwise the camera default will apply a basic picture style/picture control. Only advanced cameras e.g. Nikon Z series will recognize camera settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I don't quite follow you there!

I'm not using a preset - I've set the preferences to import using Camera Settings (see attached jpeg in original post) - so if I shoot a Monochrome Profile on my camera I would expect Lightroom to import that photo with that particular Camera Setting. Some photos it does, some photos it doesn't - as I said previously, it seems to randomly convert them into the Adobe Standard - very frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a new system in v9.2 so previous raw defaults are not transferred. But it should be qiite simple to set up new defaults especially including ISO specific luminance smoothing comparred with the previous system which requited lots of manual set-up/camera model. The new system does respect monochrome styles whereas previously those files would have been imported as color files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On import some files retain their Camera Profile (which is what I want) some revert to Adobe Standard (which is what I don't want!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I read it that selecting Camera  Settings for Default as you have will use the in camera settings or profiles, So different setting in camera, different profile in camera, different RAW treatment.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/whats-new/2020-2.html#raw-defaults

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's just not working properly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh and a FujiX example, sorry I do not have your camera. But this is on subject.

https://blog.thomasfitzgeraldphotography.com/blog/2020/2/automatically-apply-fuji-film-simulations-i...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2020 Feb 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

SOLVED

https://lightroomkillertips.com/february-2020-lightroom-classic-adobe-camera-raw-and-lightroom-cloud...

in particular....

"My recommendation for anyone who currently uses a custom default setting is to create a Develop preset that does the same thing. Meaning select an unedited raw photo from the camera with the custom default setting, and click Reset (before updating to this new version). Any settings still applied are part of your custom default setting. Note which settings are included. Then create a preset and only check the boxes in the Create New Preset dialog box that correspond to the settings you want to include in your custom default. Name this new preset something obvious (like Custom Default) so that you can easily find it when you want to configure it on the Preset panel of the Preferences after you update to 9.2.

When you create your custom default preset you can leave Treatment & Profile unchecked if you want to let it pick a profile based on your in-camera picture style choice. However, if you want to always use a specific profile then you’ll want to include that in your custom default preset by first selecting it in the Basic panel and then checking Treatment & Profile when creating the preset."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines