• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw update

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2020 Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know when there will be a Camera Raw update for the Panasonic DC-S5 camera. I have owned one since September 18th.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No one here knows when this will happen, because Adobe never tells us in advance. However, Adobe's track record in adding new cameras to Lightroom Classic is very good. Normally cameras are supported in the first Lightroom Classic release after the camera is released. No guarantees, however.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the S5 has the same sensor as the S1 etc. I would have thought it would be a simple job to add my camera. I have found two photo editors that have enabled me to edit the S5 RW2 files and export them as jpegs etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"As the S5 has the same sensor as the S1 etc. I would have thought it would be a simple job to add my camera. I have found two photo editors that have enabled me to edit the S5 RW2 files and export them as jpegs etc."

Whether this sensor is the same or not is really irrelevant. It is the format of the raw file that may change from camera to camera, so Adobe needs to get that right. I'm sure you don't want Adobe to read the file wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that information. I will end the community conversation now.
Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They usually release a new version during MAX, which is next week.

Chances are ...

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

...and Adobe releases a new version of LR Classic every two months.  LR 9.4 came out on 8/18, so we'd expect 9.5 any time now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines