Highlighted

Can Apple Photos work with Lightroom and vice versa?

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Question to people who use both Apple and Lightroom.  (I have Apple Macbook but no Lightroom yet). I like Apple Photos and that all photos go automatically to iCloud. I have Apple photos well organised and find photos easily. But I am thinking for some time that perhaps I should try to learn Lightroom, but only for editing. Question: if one has Lightroom, can one open an Apple photo on MacBook, tap on “Image - Edit with - Lightroom”, edit it in Lightroom but save the resulting jpeg back in Apple Photos?  If yes, what are the consecutive steps to save Lightroom-edited jpegs in Apple Photos?  Thank you very much.

TOPICS
Feature request, How to, Import and export, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can Apple Photos work with Lightroom and vice versa?

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Question to people who use both Apple and Lightroom.  (I have Apple Macbook but no Lightroom yet). I like Apple Photos and that all photos go automatically to iCloud. I have Apple photos well organised and find photos easily. But I am thinking for some time that perhaps I should try to learn Lightroom, but only for editing. Question: if one has Lightroom, can one open an Apple photo on MacBook, tap on “Image - Edit with - Lightroom”, edit it in Lightroom but save the resulting jpeg back in Apple Photos?  If yes, what are the consecutive steps to save Lightroom-edited jpegs in Apple Photos?  Thank you very much.

TOPICS
Feature request, How to, Import and export, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 18, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if one has Lightroom, can one open an Apple photo on MacBook, tap on “Image - Edit with - Lightroom”

No

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 18, 2020 0
gary_sc LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ines,

The quick answer is "no," but the more detailed answer is if you have LR, you do not need Photos.

Besides the significantly greater enhancement controls, here's one very practical value of LR-C: in Photos, all of the images are stored within Photos and that has to be ON YOUR COMPUTER. In LR-C, it doesn't make a difference where the images are stored. That means you can store your images on an external drive so your comptuer's hard drive is never full of images.

Please try this: in Photos, either select a few or a whole folder of images, go to Edit (menu) -> Export Unmodified Original (##) (where number has the number of photos selected). 

2020-08-18_15-47-17.png

Then, import these into Lightroom. For more information on doing this, please go to https://www.lightroomqueen.com and download her free Lightroom book(s). [NOTE: if you click on the selection on the far right "Adobe Lightroom Books," this will take you to a page with both free and books for sale. Becuase you are working with Lightroom Classic, select the book 2nd row, 3rd one: "Adobe Lightroom Classic - Free Quick Start eBook" 

That should get you going here. 

Good luck!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 18, 2020 0