• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I add custom color labels?

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to add custom color labels in Lightroom.  It would be helpful to have more than 5 colors...especially to sort a wedding day.  Anyone have any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

I believe 6 colors is all you get. I don't think you can get more colors. You can create text labels (such as the word "Orange") to add to the existing colors, but as I am at work now, I don't remember the method.

A better way to organize this information is to assign keywords to your photos instead of color labels. This is a superior method because instead of having to remember that (for example) the red color label indicates "bridesmaids", you can actually assign the keyword "bridesmaids" to yo

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe 6 colors is all you get. I don't think you can get more colors. You can create text labels (such as the word "Orange") to add to the existing colors, but as I am at work now, I don't remember the method.

A better way to organize this information is to assign keywords to your photos instead of color labels. This is a superior method because instead of having to remember that (for example) the red color label indicates "bridesmaids", you can actually assign the keyword "bridesmaids" to your photo. That's less stress on your memory and probably more obvious that you assigned the right metadata (ie less chance of error). Keywords also allow photos to be assigned to more than one category, something you cannot get via color labels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could combine colors and stars to give far more options. For example pressing the keys 6 & 1 would give red+one star, and pressing 6 & 2 would give red+two stars etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

let the record show that more than 5 colors would be extremely helpful and i got to imagine it would not be hard to implement that. would make such a big difference

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"let the record show that more than 5 colors would be extremely helpful and i got to imagine it would not be hard to implement that. would make such a big difference"

You should tell Adobe. We're not Adobe in this forum, we can't make any changes to the software. There is a link on the main page of this forum that says "Submit product feedback".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines