• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I apply edit from jpg to a dng? also----

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, sorry, i'm new/ a novice, and I'm flustered/ worried I did something irreversible. 

So I was editing using lightroom cloud on my ipadpro, I recently got an imac, and an external ssd, and somewhere in the process of importing and exporting and clouding from different sources and trying to switch to lightroom classic, the edits I had on my raw files dissapeared. Luckily I had exported most of them to jpg and they show up in my mac photo libray next to the raw, but a lot of them were rough drafts/ works in progress but I spent a lot of time on them. Before going back and trying to make a preset from all of them indivually (if thats even possible) is there a way to combine the jpg and raw? To where it shows up in lightroom as dng but has the edits from the jpg? 

help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Philip,

You are currently in the Lightroom Classic forum. From what you stated, it sounds like you are using Lightroom Desktop. Please confirm.

Otherwise...

Is the JPG and raw image the same image? I am completely not understanding your work flow.

FWIW, a jpg is what you export out after making the raw image look just the way you want. There is NO reason to keep the JPG for archival purposes.

What I do strongly suggest you do is to go over to lightroomqueen.com and sign up for her email (there are not many). After you do that, you can download a PDF for free that is an excellent primer on basic LR and LR Classic use (and workflow). 

Hope this helps,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The jpeg has the Lightroom edits baked into the pixel data. There is no way to extract it, no more than you can extract the yeast from a baked bread. The raw file is the recipe, the jpeg is the bread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have both the JPG and RAW files indexed in Lightroom-Classic, and you have editied the JPG in LrC, there is a plugin that may enable you to  sync the edit metadata from the JPGs to the RAWs. But do not expect the exact same result by applying the same edits to the different file types.

http://lightroomsolutions.com/plug-ins/syncomatic/

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines