• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I apply presets to videos in Lightroom?

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2019 Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking for a solution to how I can apply simple presets from Lightroom to my videos.

I am trying to create cinemagraphs for my site. Does the Creative Suite have a cool tool to do this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some good info here: https://www.lightroompresets.com/blogs/pretty-presets-blog/116015684-video-editing-in-lightroom-how-...

That might be enough to get you what you want. For higher-end work, check the Creative tools here: Video editing software, video editor for Mac and PC | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can apply a develop preset to one or more videos using the Quick Develop panel on the right side of Library:

You can also apply basic adjustments to exposure and white balance.

But beware that video in LR has never been well-supported by Adobe.  Many people complain about frequent bugs, stuttering playback, inability to correctly import basic metadata like capture date, lack of support for common codecs (e.g. HEVC/H.265 on Windows), lack of basic features such as rotating videos, and limited abilities to export into other formats.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this post! I just got the paid version 3.4 and my screen doesn't look like the screenshot here. I don't even see a library option at the top of my screen. I would like to be able to add the bright preset that came with my app to my videos as well.  Thank you in advance! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"I just got the paid version 3.4 and my screen doesn't look like the screenshot here. I don't even see a library option at the top of my screen."

Sounds like you're using the cloudy version of Lightroom, not the traditional folders-based Lightroom Classic. (Shame on Adobe for such confusing product names.)  But you've posted in the forum for Lightroom Classic -- if you repost in the cloudy Lightroom forum, you'll likely get an answer quickly:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom/bd-p/lightroom?page=1&sort=latest_replies&filter=all 

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines