• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I export 32bit tiff or psd from Lightroom?

Enthusiast ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unclipped like Raw therapy?      Maybe with a kinf of special profile or something?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Lightroom doesn't suppurt the export of 32bit TIFF files.

You can only export TIFFs with 8 and 16bit.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks guys.     It looks like Photoshop couldn't do it either.  So Raw therapee is the only way.

It's pity because it so much slower.

I wonder how can I get non washed out colors in Photoshop when open unclipped 32bit file exported from Raw therapee?

I seems couldn't get them even with exosure/gamma adjustment.     Is there a right profile for this?

And how can I keep it unclpped with full illumination range from initial RAW whtn export it from Photoshop?

Looks like it clipps it at export anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To adjust the exposure and colors of a 32 bit image in Photoshop, use Image > Mode > 16 bit. This brings up the tone mapping dialog that allow you to do that. 

32 bit DNG files can be adjusted (tonemapped) within the raw development process in Lightroom Classic or in Adobe Camera Raw using the normal tools, but you have to then export or convert to a 16 bit image to edit further. An example of this is Lightroom Classicks "Merge to HDR" which takes 3 raw bracketed images and converts to a single 32 bit DNG, which can then be adjusted in the Develop module. But you can't export a 32 bit PSD or TIFF from there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A question I have @kirkr5689 is what camera are you using? I didn't believe any sensor would record 32bit's per channel. The largest I've seen is 14 bit. Also, can your monitor display the color rane that 32bit's provides? Just curious since this is the first time I've come across 32bit photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I thin it's irrelevant to camera  ( mine is Sony A6000 ) , I meant that RAW files record some exposure range camera is able to record  unclipped, no matter how many bits.  

You can tweak it in something like ACR  to chose what range you want  in output image  but once you exported it to integer 16 bit file you couldn't change exposure anymore   untill you return  and edit initial RAW in ACR or Lightroom again . 

While I want to export it with full unclipped range . kind of HDR  without stacking ( since floating point 32 bit could cover any range, even negative numbers if you want)   to use later in 3d rendering soft .  Without necessety to go back to lightroom and export egain , and next time egain  and so on   if  I want a different  exposure   since  3d soft read exr files but doesn't read ARW or NEF or whatever RAW files .    Unclipped exr file is just universal, any purpose replacment even taking more hard drive space.  Besides some  special image processing (de-lighting)  reqires 32 bit floating point image representation to work properly.

So I am fine with RAW terapee, but Photoshop still does something to the image gamma  I don't understand and I need to do some image manipulation ( content aware fill)  in Photoshop  while keeping all origial pixel values.

Affinity Photo has a settings " unmanaged" for a 32bit tiff  and it shows it with proper gamma  for example.

How can I have it same in Photoshop?    Is what I see in Photoshop  relevant at all  and actual values would still be same until I "convert to profile"?   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines