Highlighted

Can I import published collections to a new catalog?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently had to create a new catalog.  I imported my old catalog, and all the images and regular collections made the trip ok.  But my many published collections didn't.  Is there a way to import those from my old catalog into my new one?

Topics

How to, Import and export, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can I import published collections to a new catalog?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently had to create a new catalog.  I imported my old catalog, and all the images and regular collections made the trip ok.  But my many published collections didn't.  Is there a way to import those from my old catalog into my new one?

Topics

How to, Import and export, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not easily.  Friedl's publishing collections, e.g. this one for Flickr, try to make it possible to populate new published collections from the albums/galleries/collections/sets in the publishing service. I've never tried it, but it looks complicated, and I've seen a couple of reports from other users having issues.  Friedl is much more responsive about his plugins than Adobe, so if you run into trouble, he might be able to help. But it's pretty clear from the documentation that he's implying it won't always work well.

[Use the reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines