• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can I store an image somewhere in metadata?

Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shoot a lot in museums.

I first shoot the art and then the signage.

That results in 2 images in LR that are not linked in any way, but I want them to be linked. 

I also want to be able to delete the signage image because it's shot at the same resolution as the art, which is way to much.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will often shoot the signs as well, I keep the photo of the art and the photo of the sign together in my Lightroom Classic Library module. If you really want to store the information on the sign with the image, I believe you have to type the text on  the sign into one of the metadata fields of the art photo. I suppose (but I have never tried), you could use OCR to turn the photo of the sign into text and then paste the text into the metadata field of the photo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's pretty much what I've done...run the image thru OCR, correct errors and paste into a metadata field.  It's tedious.  That's why I was hoping to be able to store the image (or a smaller jpg export) in the art image metadata. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I first shoot the art and then the signage. That results in 2 images in LR that are not linked in any way, but I want them to be linked."

You could stack the two images, which would keep them linked.

"I also want to be able to delete the signage image because it's shot at the same resolution as the art, which is way to much."

You could export the sign images back into the catalog at a reduced resolution and then delete the originals.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two excellent ideas.

But, still time consuming......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think that's the best you can do with Lightroom Classic. The exact feature you are asking for does not exist in Lightroom Classic. You should submit a formal feature request to Adobe at: https://feedback.photoshop.com/topics/lightroom-classic/5f5f2093785c1f1e6cc40872

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines