Highlighted

Can I use keyboard keys (e.g. arrow key) in a webb gallery?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Photoshop Elements 6 you could create (Flash) galleries, where you could navigate using keyboard arrow keys. (This was removed in later versions).

In a webb gallery created by Lightroom Classic, all galleries seem to require that you click, using the mouse, on the "Next" link or similar ("next slide number"). It is not convienent when usign a computer, and not convenient at all when using a smart phone where you would like to swipe.

I really want a gallery, containing the photo texts, below the photo (OK in Lightroom Classic) but I want to use the keyboard keys (and hopefully also swipe on a phone). I am starting to convert my old PE6 galleries, since Flash support will end.

Are there extension modules, or perhaps possibilities to export the photos (incl. photo texts) to another product?

Community Beginner
Correct answer by matslj | Community Beginner

I have now tried the Juicebox products, including the Lightroom Classic plugin. The demo, and installing the lite version, seemed OK, even if it had a number of limitations. I just bought the Pro version and have made some tests and it looks good on the computer screen and on the phone.

Today I am using Photoshop Elements 10. Basically I could use the output from PE10, and import it into the Juicebox Pro Product to create the gallery (instead of using Lightroom and plugin). Concerning organizing of photos I see no major improvements in Lightroom Classic compared to PE10. I guess the improvements are in editing photos, and also when creating pdf output (which is not very nice in PE10 concerning captions) and Web galleries (with the shortcomings solved by Juicebox). So I will see if I keep PE10 plus Juicebox Pro, or if I will use Lightroom Classic and Juicebox Pro plugin.

Thanks Bob_Somrak.

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can I use keyboard keys (e.g. arrow key) in a webb gallery?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Photoshop Elements 6 you could create (Flash) galleries, where you could navigate using keyboard arrow keys. (This was removed in later versions).

In a webb gallery created by Lightroom Classic, all galleries seem to require that you click, using the mouse, on the "Next" link or similar ("next slide number"). It is not convienent when usign a computer, and not convenient at all when using a smart phone where you would like to swipe.

I really want a gallery, containing the photo texts, below the photo (OK in Lightroom Classic) but I want to use the keyboard keys (and hopefully also swipe on a phone). I am starting to convert my old PE6 galleries, since Flash support will end.

Are there extension modules, or perhaps possibilities to export the photos (incl. photo texts) to another product?

Community Beginner
Correct answer by matslj | Community Beginner

I have now tried the Juicebox products, including the Lightroom Classic plugin. The demo, and installing the lite version, seemed OK, even if it had a number of limitations. I just bought the Pro version and have made some tests and it looks good on the computer screen and on the phone.

Today I am using Photoshop Elements 10. Basically I could use the output from PE10, and import it into the Juicebox Pro Product to create the gallery (instead of using Lightroom and plugin). Concerning organizing of photos I see no major improvements in Lightroom Classic compared to PE10. I guess the improvements are in editing photos, and also when creating pdf output (which is not very nice in PE10 concerning captions) and Web galleries (with the shortcomings solved by Juicebox). So I will see if I keep PE10 plus Juicebox Pro, or if I will use Lightroom Classic and Juicebox Pro plugin.

Thanks Bob_Somrak.

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try these web plugins for Lightroom.

https://juicebox.net/demos/

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your advice. I will make a try during Easter and see if I manage.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bob_Somrak.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines