Highlighted

Can metadata templates from Photoshop Elements 15 be used by Lightroom Classic 9.3

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am moving from PSE15 to Lightroom Classic 9.3.  Currently in PSE15 I use a lot of metadata templates to make adding info to images much faster.  Is it possible to transfer those templates to LrC in some way or do I just have to start from scratch and create each one as a preset.  I have already imported my images and if the metedata templates have come over I cannot find them.

Many thanks,

John

Topics

How to, Import and export, Presets or profiles, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can metadata templates from Photoshop Elements 15 be used by Lightroom Classic 9.3

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am moving from PSE15 to Lightroom Classic 9.3.  Currently in PSE15 I use a lot of metadata templates to make adding info to images much faster.  Is it possible to transfer those templates to LrC in some way or do I just have to start from scratch and create each one as a preset.  I have already imported my images and if the metedata templates have come over I cannot find them.

Many thanks,

John

Topics

How to, Import and export, Presets or profiles, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR doesn't have the ability to import PSE metadata templates.

You could apply a template to a sample photo in PSE, do File > Save Metadata To Files, import that photo into LR, and create the LR metadata preset with that photo selected.  That would save you from having to retype all of the information, though it's still tedious.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for the response. I suspected LrC might not be able to do that and a variation of your suggestion was my plan B.  It is tedious but does save an enormous amount of time in the long run so it's worth it for me.  I have used PSE 15 templates in the same way as you can use LrC presets. Two steps forward and one step back but still in the right direction.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines