• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't add / move photos from SD Card set as internal storage in Lightroom Classic?

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EDIT: found the answer myself... My SD card appears twice in the import menu, once as an external drive (move or add not possible), once under Local Disk C: and so as internal storage, from which adding and moving is possible.

Picture attached

Hello everyone,

I browsed through existing posts but couldn't find the answer to that question exactly.

I have read that moving or adding photos from an SD card into Lightroom Classic is not possible as a 'safety' measure from Adobe to prevent losing files, however I haven't been able to find out whether this restriction extends to the case where the SD card is set as internal storage (i.e. it is considered by my laptop as a disk drive).

As it stands now for me it looks like it isn't possible, but maybe there is something I can do into Lightroom Classic to show the SD card is internal storage? I can't believe my laptop (Surface Pro) is happily considereing the SD card as internal storage and Lightroom isn't - it seems a bit overkill for limiting the risk of erasing files..

Thanks very much in advance! Please do redirect me to another post if that has been addressed already.

Marie

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LrC is designed to treat the SD card Specifically as a temporary storage device FROM which to download images and import them into a Lightroom catalog. As such, it will not allow you to import them directly while still on the card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

NO NO NO. Very much on purpose by Adobe. Treat any SD card as a drive just begging to crash and die. Treat them as consumables.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines