Highlighted

Can't change import location from New Imac drive to Ext SSD

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LrC wants to put the import photos on the computor drive and I am unable to change it to

External drive where the photos and  catalog are located.  This is a new computor and setup

Ext drive is from my dead mac.  When I try to select the ext drive I get:

"The destination folder "/Users/GlenE" is not available.  Using "Pictures" folder instead."

Topics

Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't change import location from New Imac drive to Ext SSD

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LrC wants to put the import photos on the computor drive and I am unable to change it to

External drive where the photos and  catalog are located.  This is a new computor and setup

Ext drive is from my dead mac.  When I try to select the ext drive I get:

"The destination folder "/Users/GlenE" is not available.  Using "Pictures" folder instead."

Topics

Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when you get the message "Destination Folder /Users/GlenE is not available", this usually means that the folder does not exist (or you have mis-typed the folder name); or possibly that you don't have write permission to this folder.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure your External drive is attached and active on the desktop of your iMac before you boot Lightroom Classic. See the screen capture. You should then be able to locate it in the "destination" of the import dialog.

Screenshot 2020-08-09 at 6.46.08 AM.png

Screenshot 2020-08-09 at 7.07.50 AM.png

Regards, Denis: System iMac mid-2015, 5K 27” monitor, macOS10.15.6: LrC 9.4, Lr 3.4.1, Ps 21.2.3, Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
GlenE LATEST
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is working now.  The message locked up the whole screen.  I could only force quit or click okay and have the fotos placed in the suggested location on main drive.  So I clicked ok as it was only 10 fotos.  That freed up the destination choices.  Found the location I wanted to use and clicked import again.  Voila, they are where they belong.  Thanks for the help focusing me on the destination folder column.  Would be nice if there was someway to cancel their suggested location and then find the one you want. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines