Can't Drag Keywords in Lightroom Keyword List

Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2017 Sep 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to re-organize and finding two problems in Lightroom:

1. I can't drag and drop keywords in the keyword list so I can't add hierarchies or move words that are in the wrong hierarchy.
  2. Even though I have instructed LR not to export a few organizational keywords, it still does so. I have even changed them to people keywords and instructed the export dialog not to export people keywords. They still show up after export.

Thanks for any responses. I'm using Windows 10 and the latest version of LR CC.

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Most Valuable Participant , Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017
I have even changed them to people keywords and instructed the export dialog not to export people keywords. They still show up after export.That's a known bug -- LR will always export keywords with the Person attribute, even if you have Remove Person Info checked, unless the keyword is associated with a face rectangle added by face recognition.  See Lightroom: Keywords with Person attribute exported even if Remove Person Info is selected | Photoshop Family Customer Co…

translate

Translate

Translate
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. I can't drag and drop keywords in the keyword list so I can't add hierarchies or move words that are in the wrong hierarchy.

Do you have more than about 1500 keywords?  LR Windows starts choking when you have more than that, and Adobe has decided not to fix it.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have even changed them to people keywords and instructed the export dialog not to export people keywords. They still show up after export.

That's a known bug -- LR will always export keywords with the Person attribute, even if you have Remove Person Info checked, unless the keyword is associated with a face rectangle added by face recognition.  See Lightroom: Keywords with Person attribute exported even if Remove Person Info is selected | Photosho...

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even though I have instructed LR not to export a few organizational keywords, it still does so.

Exactly what steps are you taking to do that?  And how are you verifying that the keywords are present in the exported file?

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines