Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Edit a Photo Anymore

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've not been able to edit a photo in the editing module for the last 2 days : The photo appears as diagonal rays only. (see enclosed JPEG).

It happens with either Raw or JPEG. Either old photo or new ones. However in LR Classic's library the photo appears normally, and in diaporama as well. I just CAN'T EDIT ANYMORE.

Someone from the "tech support service" told me to update my graphic card, but I don't agree. I never had problems with it, and all my photos appear normally in Photoshop, and on my PC.

I use AMD Radeon graphics and Intel inside Core I7. And my system runs under Windows 10. Never had problems before.

The weird thing is that the lady from the support told me at first that this was a bug from the latest LRClassic update, and that engineers were on this to solve it. And later in the conversation, she said that the problem was on my PC...

What can I do? I'm so desperate to be able to edit my photos !

Thank you for your advice.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator moved from Using the Community (forums) to Lightroom Classic.]

Please ensure your computer meets or exceeds the new minimum system requirements to run Creative Cloud + OS + all other apps you use. Check each one.
- https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

Pay particular attention to Photoshop's new GPU requirements. See links below.
- https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html
- https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, but I already have the minimum required :

I already have Windows 10 + Firefox.

I have 8 Go RAM

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 - 4710HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.50 GHz

Plus : it is not on Photoshop that I'm experiencing problems but on LR Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A new message, because I think I have solved the problem : I was watching my LR interface and wondering if it was not a problem of appearance (size of the window within LR (excuse my bad english), and I moved the width of the right panel, and my photo appeared normally ... so many hours stressed ... for nothing .... I.T. is sometimes so weird and stressful ...

Thank you for your help anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post your System Information as Lightroom Classic (LrC) reports it. In LrC click on Help, then System Info, then Copy. Paste that information into a reply. Please present all information from first line down to and including Plug-in Info. Info after Plug-in info can be cut as that is just so much dead space to us non-Techs.

Please_Post_Your_Sys_Info_as_LrC_reports_it.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

At a quick glance, the problem seems to be either

- a corrupted monitor profile -- try a generic sRGB profile, if the problem goes away, create a new profile for your specific monitor

- LrC is not correctly talking to your video card. See if the problem goes away if you turn off the GPU optimizaiton.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines