• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't edit images in Photoshop after using Edit In Photoshop CC 2019 option in Lightroom

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

after picking in Lightroom option edit in Photoshop CC 2019 file opens in Photoshop but i cant do anything with it, even after creating copy of layer with this image, all options are grayed out...Bez tytułu.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Known issue

Work around launch PS before sending it an image from LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kamilj,

This is a known issue and our engineering team is working on a fix for the same, would request you to add your vote to this issue here: Photoshop CC 2019: Commands disabled after choosing Edit In from Lightroom | Photoshop Family Custom...

Workaround: Photoshop needs to be open prior to launching Lightroom. Not prior to open the image from Lightroom

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the same issue, posted in another thread.  The workaround mentioned here doesn't work for me.  It doesn't matter if PS is open prior to launching LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Exact versions of LR and PS are you using. Open each and go to Help then System Info and post the Exact Version Munbers from each program.

Please don't respond with "I'm using the latest or newest releases". We need the version numbers.

I suspect you aren' using the current release of either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Photoshop Version: 20.0.4 20190227.r.76 2019/02/27: 1205725  x64

Camera Raw 11.2.1 - from the file “Camera Raw.8bi”

Lightroom Classic version: 8.2.1 [ 1206193 ]

Internal Camera Raw version: 11.2.1 [ 159 ]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2019 Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your System Info looks up to date, and the bug (opening files in Ps) has been reported as fixed.

But are you certain that [Ctrl+E] is actually opening Ps v20.0.4?

It has been known that multiple versions of Ps can be installed and [Ctrl+E] opens the wrong 'old' version. Mac systems have been known to open 'old' Ps backups from Time Machine.

Check your installed Apps/Programs, carefully check the version of programs that open. Uninstall any 'old' versions.

If all that fails- Run the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool and re-install Lr & Ps from the CC Desktop App.

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Adobe creative desktop apps | Adobe Creative Cloud

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2019 Apr 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,  I have verified that only one version of PS is installed. 20.0.4.  This is the version that eventually opens after 3-4 minutes waiting.

I don't intend to wipe re-install PS & LR unless I know it will fix it.  Too many times over the years I have wiped / re-installed adobe products just to have the same issue...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yours is the only recent forum post I have seen for a Windows install of Lr v8.2.1 and Ps v20.0.4 where the Ps editing tools are greyed out.

The bug was commonly reported for Mac Systems and particularly with NAS. (You have not posted any details of your system!)

The work-arounds commonly mentioned were to revert to an earlier ACR, and some suggested disabling the Home Screen in Ps preferences. Or opening Ps before opening the Lr program (not just opening Ps before 'Edit in Ps' from Lr)

All forum threads at 'Feedback' seem to end with "the bug has been fixed in Lr8.2.1  Ps20.0.4 ACR11.2.1

Photoshop 20.0.1: Most functions in Edit, Image, Layer, Select and Filter grayed out for image opene...

If you wait 3-4 minutes for Ps to open then I suggest something is amiss with your installs. ( I do not have the 'user' expertise to diagnose)

Can you screen-clip and post from Ps - [Help>System Info...] when you see the problem with Ps?

If you are not prepared to run the Cleaner Tool and re-install, then perhaps it is time to contact Customer Care and let Adobe try to fix it for you.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks,

I have tried to contact customer care.....there is no way to actually send in / create a support ticket that I can find.  I have several time started support web chat sessions, only to be told thanks for your patience we will get back to you soon.  Soon turns into a couple of hours and then I get a sorry but you have been disconnected message....

That's why I have been trying to find a solution myself through the forums.

Very poor customer support from Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines