• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't get presets to import into Lightroom

New Here ,
Sep 06, 2018 Sep 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a new Mac today and downloaded Lightroom Classic CC. I bought presets awhile ago from The Luxe Lens so I downloaded them to my computer and I have tried everything to get them to work to no avail.

I had Lightroom Classic CC (7.3?) and my files were showing up as xmp. I tried to put them in the develop presets folder, made sure the store presets with this catalog was unchecked. I tried putting the presets pretty much everywhere and could not get them to show up in Lightroom no matter what.

I uninstalled and downloaded Lightroom 7.2 and redownloaded the presets to my computer, tried pretty much everything again! I don't know what I'm doing wrong!

Someone help me please! Ive been at this for about 4 hours now!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 06, 2018 Sep 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you a subscriber to a CC Photography plan?

Install Classic v7.5 from the CC Desktop App,

Try the [Right-click] in the Develop module- Presets "User Presets" Group folder and select [Import...]

Navigate the Finder dialog to the purchased presets and [Import]

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2018 Sep 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is what I see on my screen -- it doesnt want to read the presetsScreen Shot 2018-09-15 at 8.55.56 PM.png

I have the subscrption for the photography plan,

just downloaded yesterday to my new mac

and none of my presets are being read....

help!

also I use the desktop version -- cannot use the app cc version coz its too confusing to see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it doesnt want to read the presets

What error message do you see?

Are you using the method below?

Your screen-clip is not the "Preset Import" window I would expect to see. (Are 'greyed out' files in a Mac Finder view something normal?)

What folder are these .lrtemplate files located in your computer?

1) In the Develop module- Presets Panel-  [Right-click] the "User Presets" Group folder and select [Import...]

2) Navigate the Finder dialog to the purchased presets, select the files to Import, and click on [Import]

3) Restart Lightroom.

The more I look at your screen-clip, the more I think it might be a Mac problem (I use Windows)

https://www.google.com.au/search?source=hp&ei=OySfW_jSJ4Ol8QXYobfICw&q=Mac+finder+files+greyed+out&o...

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try going to preferences and clicking show partially compatible develop presets. They should show up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So sorry this is so long after the original post, but just in case someone comes across here with the same problem as I just did, here's a possible solution.

It was a Mac problem. Try navigating to the folder containing the presets you want to import whereever they are in the Finder. Click on the folder and press command- I, or right click and 'Get Info'. A window pops up with all the info about the folder, size etc and in the bottom right corner there is a small padlock icon. Make sure it's unlocked - click on it and put in your admin password to unlock if necessary. Now it should work as expected with any of your import methods.

In my case I had checked 'keep presets with the catalog' (it's more intuitive for me) and put the folders manually via Finder in the Lightroom Settings / Develop Presets folder. After unlocking the padlocks in Finder, I reopened Lightroom Classic CC (v 9.4 FYI) and they were there as expected in a folder in the Preset list.

I hope this helps someone someday!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having this exact issue! THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This saved me - THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to open/unlock the padlock, but it still takes me into the folder when I click on "File > Import Develop Profiles and Presets > [Folder Name]". The presets came in a .zip file from designcuts.com, and are packaged in a single folder when unzipped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still can't get my presets, this has taken up soooo much time. Work is piling up. V10.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I honestly thought this was my answer... someone helppp.. padlock is unlocked and it's still happening. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a three year old thread. Things have changed. New issues relating to presets.

So PLEASE post your own new discussion.

Many members will open the above, see that it is an old discussion, then move on without scrolling down to latest reply. They will ignore it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2023 Jul 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I scrolled. I found. I fixed! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2021 Update: Just bought a new Macbook air this week and this comment saved me! worked for me. thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2023 Jul 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG! This worked!

Thank you 🙏!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines