Highlighted

Can't Get recently purchased .xmp presets to show in Lightroom CC 7.5

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Lightroom CC 7.5/Windows 10 pro 64bit. Have tried placing presets in the Camera Raw/Settings/ folder.  Then hitting the "+" in Develop panel.  I see importing status complete but no new preset.  I restarted Lightroom. Did have a DNG open. 

Funny thing is there are other presets in that Settings folder that do show up. "Laurent" is the folder of .xmp presets i am trying to get in.  See screen shots attached.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Capture4.JPGCapture3.JPGCapture.JPG

TOPICS
How to, Import and export, Presets or profiles, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't Get recently purchased .xmp presets to show in Lightroom CC 7.5

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Lightroom CC 7.5/Windows 10 pro 64bit. Have tried placing presets in the Camera Raw/Settings/ folder.  Then hitting the "+" in Develop panel.  I see importing status complete but no new preset.  I restarted Lightroom. Did have a DNG open. 

Funny thing is there are other presets in that Settings folder that do show up. "Laurent" is the folder of .xmp presets i am trying to get in.  See screen shots attached.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Capture4.JPGCapture3.JPGCapture.JPG

TOPICS
How to, Import and export, Presets or profiles, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 30, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You said you clicked on +

Did you then click on manage?

Click on manage, then select those presets you want available.

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 10.0, PS 22.0; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.7; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 30, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new presets in question don't show up under "mange" .  Weird as the other xmp presets in that same directory show up but not these new ones.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 30, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a link to a sample xmp of what I am trying to bring into Lightroom classic 7.5

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v77fbqm5rsiz35v/Night1.xmp?dl=0

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 30, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And when you expand and open these groups that show in your Presets panel- what Presets do you see?

ScreenShot226.jpg

Do you know that the Preset 'Groups', and the Preset names, you see in the panel, may NOT be the same as the 'Folders' and filenames on your hard-drive. (Lightroom shows Names and Groups as determined by data contained within each XMP file.)

And is it possible that some of the .XMP files are Profiles that would appear in the Profile Chooser panel.

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 10.0, Photoshop 22.0, Lightroom 4.0, Windows-10. Nikon DSLR.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 30, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for your reply.  see attached screen shot. it seems to be exactly the same.  they are in the camera raw/settings...

would you suggest these new one that won't import need to go some where else as .xmp files for Lightroom CC 7.5 ?

any help highly appreciated.

steveCapture7.JPG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 30, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE:

It seems somehow something got pulled in from the zipfile but it renamed itself totally different names than what's in the directory.  For example in the screen shot i clicked "show in explorer" and here is the directory i got and names. 

So at least some of these are now in but the names are totally off and not sure if all of them are imported or funtioning as intended. Capture8.JPG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 30, 2020 0
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

renamed itself totally different names than what's in the directory.

That is normal- As I stated earlier- Lightroom shows Names and Groups as determined by data contained within each XMP file. Do not expect your Folders of files to look the same as Groups in the Preset panel!

You can Import Presets from anywhere in your computer folder system. You do NOT need to place them in the {Camera Raw} folder (you probably shouldn't - to avoid confusion). The Preset Import process will automatically add them correctly.

(I store all my presets in a folder in My Documents- and 'Import' them from there when necessary.)

Are you positive all the files you purchased are Develop Presets?

Has your supplier provided you with Profiles also?  Did you LOOK in the Profile Browser?

Have you contacted the supplier for information?

Also time you upgraded to v9.3 I think! What's stopping you?

PROFILES & PRESETS EXPLAINED- Jared Platt

There is a long discussion about the 'Internal naming' of Presets here-

PRESET INTERNAL NAME

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 10.0, Photoshop 22.0, Lightroom 4.0, Windows-10. Nikon DSLR.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 30, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry for being an intermediate user 😉  how to know if they are indeed develp presets.  only got the xmp file vs any profiles.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 31, 2020 0
WobertC LATEST
Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how to know if they are indeed develp presets

Ask the supplier what you actually purchased.

Both Presets and Profiles are .XMP type files.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 31, 2020 0