• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't import from memory card in LR6 after installing Catalina

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crisis here.... after upgrading my Mac to Catalina i cant see any files on my memorycard in the import module in my LR 6.14.....

What am I doing wrong, or is it Catalina..... everything working just great before the upgrade..... I have a big job coming up soon and... yea I´m fxxxed

Skjermbilde 2020-03-02 kl. 22.17.09.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Outside of Lightroom, bring up on your MAC System Prferences. Select Security and Privacy. Select the Privacy tab. Scroll down to Files and Folders. For Lightroom, and while you are at it, if you have it, for Photoshop, make sure all boxes are checked. It is likely that Removable Volumes is not.

BF4410F3-68FE-42CC-87D7-07EAF918EB40.png

Mind you, above is not exactly what you will see, different versions.

https://nektony.com/duplicate-finder-free/folders-permission

If Lightroom is not listed, then you will  have to add it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Welcome to Catalina....  😞

There is a new security and permissions program for Catalina. Give that a go and see what permissions need to be turned on for Lightroom. (Edit: David beat me to it.)

If you are using a card reader (preferred over directly connecting the camera), in the "source" panel of the Import dialog, try the "files" section instead of the "device" section.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that you can no longer import from your memory card in Lightroom 6.14.

Please note that older versions of Lightroom Classic were neither designed nor tested to work on macOS Catalina. They are not supported in any way for use on macOS Catalina.

Adobe does not recommend that customers using old versions of Lightroom Classic upgrade to macOS Catalina.

Older versions use 32-bit licensing components and installers. Therefore, they cannot be installed and activated after upgrading to macOS Catalina. Although upgrading to macOS Catalina with an older version already installed on your computer may allow the app to function in some capacity, you will not be able to reinstall or activate the app after the macOS upgrade.

Regarding the issue with importing, are you able to import to your desktop directly? If so it might be related to permissions on your memory card. 

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Outside of Lightroom, bring up on your MAC System Prferences. Select Security and Privacy. Select the Privacy tab. Scroll down to Files and Folders. For Lightroom, and while you are at it, if you have it, for Photoshop, make sure all boxes are checked. It is likely that Removable Volumes is not.

BF4410F3-68FE-42CC-87D7-07EAF918EB40.png

Mind you, above is not exactly what you will see, different versions.

https://nektony.com/duplicate-finder-free/folders-permission

If Lightroom is not listed, then you will  have to add it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot, saved my day.... 100% I was looking for permissions, but didnt find it... Awsome, -thx so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked!! Thank you! Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to Catalina....  😞

There is a new security and permissions program for Catalina. Give that a go and see what permissions need to be turned on for Lightroom. (Edit: David beat me to it.)

If you are using a card reader (preferred over directly connecting the camera), in the "source" panel of the Import dialog, try the "files" section instead of the "device" section.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx a lot Joe..... this made my day..... regret I upgraded, hope they come up with lots of bug fixes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hi and thanks for sending these responces. i did the permission update, and for some reason it is working but under 'devices' not 'files', if i use the 'files' with Lumix showing there, it will either give me the wheel of death or a corrupted image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines