• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't import images from SD into Lightroom Classic on macOS 11.4

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using LR classic on my Macbook Pro, I have used and new SD cards and used one which is formatted in the camera. The error message is when I go to import my photos into LR classic it says cannot import because the destination folder is unwriteable..... ???? I do not understand this. can someone please help me??? All I am trying to do is create a camera &lens profile.  I am using a Macbook pro with the IOS of Big Sir 11.4. Shooting with a Canon 7D mkii and also a Canon 6D. 

Bill Hirsh

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"unwritable" could mean- Permissions not allowed, the disk has insufficient space.

See this post at the LQ forums from @Johan_Elzenga with advice for setting 'Permissions'

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/community/threads/opening-raw-files-from-lr-to-ps-problems.39810/#pos...

And check the location you have selected in the Destination panel of the Import dialog.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Lightroom Classic while trying to import images from the SD card. Would you mind telling us which version of Lightroom Classic are you using? Which option have you selected while trying to import the files? Are you Copying/Moving the files to an external drive during import? If yes, try changing the destination to check if that makes a difference.

Since you're using macOS Big Sur, please ensure that Lightroom Classic has the necessary permissions by following the steps suggested below:

1. Go to the System Preferences for your Mac, then Security and Privacy, then select the Privacy tab.

2. Then select Accessibility from the list to the left & check if Lightroom Classic is added to the list with a check mark in front of it.

3. If Lightroom Classic is not a part of the list, please add it by unlocking the window first using the lock at the bottom left, then clicking the + icon & navigating to the Applications folder.

4. Also, grant permissions to Lightroom Classic under Full disk access located in the same list as Accessibility.

5. Once done, restart the Mac & check if it helps.

Let us know if that helps!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines