• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't import JPEG images into Lightroom 6

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2016 Sep 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom does not "see" any JPEG file so I cannot import one.  How do I fix it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which camera are you using?

Have you updated to the latest Lightroom version of Lightroom 6.6.1

Also what is the exact error message? Post a screenshot if possible.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did your camera shoot RAW+JPG? If so, there is an option in LR that you can turn on or off that prevents Lightroom from seeing the JPG. Go to Edit>Preferences, turn on the option "Treat JPEG files next to raw files as separate photos"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2016 Sep 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.  I just have a JPEG that I want to alter in Lightroom and it won't recognize it to import it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So please explain in lots of detail what you mean by

Lightroom does not "see" any JPEG file

Also, please show us a screen capture.

Please state your exact version NUMBER of Lightroom. Do not state that it is "up to date" or "most recent".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There must be something else happening. Lightroom should import JPEG's from any camera. There isn't any special support needed for any camera as far as JPEG images is concerned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the import page I go to the folder where the picture is and it is not "visible" (not there for me to choose), to import it.  If I right click on the file name, it does not list Lightroom as a program that will open it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show us a screen capture?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks dj. that solved the problem for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm curious to know WHAT solved the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JimHess  wrote

I'm curious to know WHAT solved the problem?

More than likely checking the option to treat JPGs as separate file.

Otherwise LR does actually import them but hides them from view and lists the JPG as a Sidecar file.

So trying to import them by them selves shows as either No files to import or Already Imported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I was unable to see the JPS's as I do shoot in both RAW and JPG. By clicking on that box in Preferences it solved the problem. thanks again for the suggestion!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I didn't see DJ's hint earlier in the thread. I knew that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and dj_paige suggestion did not work for me. Most likely because that option is only for cases where you have the raw and jpg together side-by-side. In my case I only have two independent jpg images. When I try to import, the windows browser opens for me to choose the files to import but I don't see the two jpg images and when I choose the folder where the files are, lightroom shows "No Photos Found". I even tried restarting Lightroom after enabling the check box in the settings suggested by dj_paige but nothing. If I go to the same location using Finder, I can see the images, but not from lightroom. These pictures were Airdropped into my dowloads subdirectory. I am using Lightroom Classic 9.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a copy of each picture and moved the copies to a near by subdirectory and now Lighroom can see them fine, but still it cannot see the copy I left in the "Downloads" directory. Some how it is blind to the "Dowloads" folder. Weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are using a Mac with Catalina go to system preferences Security and Privacy and ensure you have that folder selected. See the screen capture.

Screenshot 2020-04-03 at 5.49.18 AM.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines