Highlighted

Can't import photos from ANY source in LR CC 5.7 fully updated

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!  I've gone through many previous posts.  Don't see exact answer so far.

--fully uptodate on Creative Cloud

--Macbook Pro 2019, Catalina 10.15.5

--import to an external HD

--have already tried clicking off 'Dont import suspected duplicates"

July 6.  everything normal as for hte past several years.

July 7. Started an import.  LR Imported 10 photos then abruptly stopped.  Can not import any photos since, not from camera, not from card, not from local folder, not from iPHoto, Google PHoto, any kind of file.  

LR couints images, checks them, but they are all greyed out.  So are all folders on left hand side of LR import page under Sources (computer, or extrnal hard drive, or anywhere there are photos of any kind.)  After I cancel fruitless import, get a message say

ing "No PHotos or Videos found to import:

screen shot attached:

Topics

Import and export, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't import photos from ANY source in LR CC 5.7 fully updated

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!  I've gone through many previous posts.  Don't see exact answer so far.

--fully uptodate on Creative Cloud

--Macbook Pro 2019, Catalina 10.15.5

--import to an external HD

--have already tried clicking off 'Dont import suspected duplicates"

July 6.  everything normal as for hte past several years.

July 7. Started an import.  LR Imported 10 photos then abruptly stopped.  Can not import any photos since, not from camera, not from card, not from local folder, not from iPHoto, Google PHoto, any kind of file.  

LR couints images, checks them, but they are all greyed out.  So are all folders on left hand side of LR import page under Sources (computer, or extrnal hard drive, or anywhere there are photos of any kind.)  After I cancel fruitless import, get a message say

ing "No PHotos or Videos found to import:

screen shot attached:

Topics

Import and export, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 5.7 is not part of the CC program. And "fully updated" doesn't mean anything because Lightroom 5.7 is literally ancient. It hasn't been supported by Adobe for years. I don't know why the images aren't displaying, but it might have something to do with your operating system. Have you been successfully using Lightroom 5.7 recently?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! I have used it perfectly through July 6. July 7, as noted in my
post, it abruptly stopped working.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not supported by Catalina. It will not uninstall or reinstall!

Regards, Denis: System iMac mid-2015, 5K 27” monitor, macOS10.15.6: LrC 9.4, Lr 3.4.1, Ps 21.2.3, Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what do I do if I can't uninstall or reinstall LR?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"So what do I do if I can't uninstall or reinstall LR?"

You can upgrade to the current Lightroom Classic version. Or you can keep your fingers crossed that Lightroom 5.7 continues to work properly (which apparently, it is not) and that you don't have to re-install all your software, and that you don't have to move to a new MAC. Or you can start using some other software.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!  Just did it and everyting imported like normal.  

One further, nitpicky question:

For some time now LR imports a batch of photos outsideof my chronological list of folders.  It puts new dated folder ABOVE where LR imports folder is (I use an external HD)

What I have been doing, which I'm sure is not kosher, is to manually move folder back into LIGHTROOM IMPORTS so that things are organized.

What am I doing wrong when importing?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to retrieve the linked png, please repost using the attach image option so that the image displays in the body like the screen capture below.

Screenshot 2020-07-14 at 1.34.21 PM.png

Screenshot 2020-07-14 at 1.47.42 PM.png

In addition, Apple made some changes to Preferences with respect to security and privacy. So go to Apple Preferences > security and privacy>Files and Folders> make sure the folders you wish Lr 5.7 to have access to are permitted. See the screen capture above.

Regards, Denis: System iMac mid-2015, 5K 27” monitor, macOS10.15.6: LrC 9.4, Lr 3.4.1, Ps 21.2.3, Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While you are in the Security + Privacy section of your Apple Preferences you can also have a look at providing full disk access to Lightroom 5.7.

pj has offered the better option of upgrading your version of Lightroom. Be prepared for the eventual reality.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines