Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't import photos from Synology NAS' subfolders

Participant ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

we used to import and edit photos directly on the NAS (Synology DS1817) which worked fine until 2-3 weeks ago. Now it won't let me import photos from folder that are deeper than the main 2 or 3 folders. If I quit the import process it'll let me get down one more subfolder but won't show any subsequent subfolders.

So to reach the 6th subfolder I have to quit the import window multiple times in order to get to the desired folder.

Anyone else have that issue?

We're using Macs and are connected to the NAS via NFS.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You haven't mention which version of macOS you're using, which would be helpful. In meantime, if using Catalina you may need to go through the machinations I describe here https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-not-showing-my-images-on-sd-card/...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I'm running the latest version on both OS and LR: Catalina 10.15.2 and Lightroom Classic 9.1.

I did allow full disk and network volume access to all Adobe apps but this didn't help at all. It still shows only the top folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Outside of LRC, can you access the NAS fully via Finder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes sir.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We had an issue similar to yours. When  we tried to import files from AE or Premiere will get error "file path not found" but it was there!

The problem began on the root of the shared folder we had "Projects" and "PROJECTS" the first folder was the folder we worked on, so we had to move to the second folder. 

Adobe will look for "PROJECTS" not "Projects" and we were still working on "Projects" import will fail when importing. I guess Adobe it's not case sensitive. We solved it by renaming "PROJECTS" to "PROJECTS_"

Hope it helps, let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your reply. None of our folder have the same names unless you go 4-5 subfolders deep where you get Raw Footage, Assets, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines