Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't import Photos from the 'Desktop Source Directory' in Lightroom Classic

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, 

Long time user of Lightroom Classic here. All of a sudden, I can't seem to be able to select my desktop folder to import images from to work on from the lefthand Source panel.

Source.jpg

Previously, this had always shown up as my Windows account name, and was selectable as a directory which I could open to find all my sub folders in. 

I've tried reinstalling Lightroom classic and several previous older versions but each time and faced with the same problem.

Any ideas on a solution?

Cheers.

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that the option to import from your desktop does not shows up in the Source panel under the Import section in Lightroom Classic.

Which version of Lightroom Classic are you using?

Are you able to click the " + " sign in the source panel and add your desktop folder? Does that shows the folder desktop back in the source panel?

xx.jpg

If that does not work, would you mind restoring Lightroom Classic app preferences to default and let us know if the issue still persists? Please refer this article for step by step instructions:
https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html#restore_preferences_to_def... 

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is a Folder, File, Drive permissions problem. Probably caused by the recent Win 10 Update.

Check the Permissions on your user folder and then the folder under that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines