• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't import photos to existing folder. Says Hard Drive Full when it isn't

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am attempting to import a group of 118 photos into an existing folder. I get the following error message:

2020-10-29_11-41-48.jpgThe primary drive has approx 750GB of storage capacity, the secondary backup has over 1.25TB of capacity. These photos are nowhere near big enough to cause an issue with that amount of capacity on either hard drive. There are files in the intended folder from different cameras with different extensions if that make any difference. No idea why this is an issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That Error does not Expressly say it is caused by the drive being to full.

It says the drive, or folder, is Not Writable. Meaning your Username may not have the proper permissions to access that drive/folder.

Check the Folder Permissions and look at the security settings in the system preferences.

catalinasecurity.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but unfortunately I have a much older MAC system and my Security & Privacy window looks like this: there is no Files and Folders icon on the left as you are showing.

2020-10-29_17-11-25.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok you say your Primary storage drive has 750Gbs of Storage Capacity. How much is FREE?

OS X always report more free space on drives than it really has. It does not count Temp backups (Snapshot backups) and or other files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Mac Finder, check the user permissions on the drive, the destination folder, and the parent folder of the destination.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines