Highlighted

Can't import videos - Connecting to dynamic link server failed while importing videos

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having so many import issues now that I have migrated to Lightroom Classic CC.

I can no longer import GoPro videos. The import dialog bar hangs and then eventually a message saying that the connection to the dynamic link server failed while importing video. Usually I also get the number 35 or also 26. I have a Mac and tried going to the Activity Monitor and stopping the Dynamic Link Media Server and Manager. I also renamed the folders in the Adobe Preferences folder. All of the posts in the forum are really old and have not worked for me. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Help!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't import videos - Connecting to dynamic link server failed while importing videos

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having so many import issues now that I have migrated to Lightroom Classic CC.

I can no longer import GoPro videos. The import dialog bar hangs and then eventually a message saying that the connection to the dynamic link server failed while importing video. Usually I also get the number 35 or also 26. I have a Mac and tried going to the Activity Monitor and stopping the Dynamic Link Media Server and Manager. I also renamed the folders in the Adobe Preferences folder. All of the posts in the forum are really old and have not worked for me. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Help!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue on windows 10.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here.

When trying to import GoPro Hero 7 Videos, LR will hang.

Very bad as it would be very convenient to hand photo and video in parallel

Luckily Photo still work.

Adobe: get this fixed please. Too many users complain about this

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guessing Adobe a) don't know how to fix this and b) can't be bothered to fix it.

I have had many chats & calls with adobe, most of them have no clue and keep repeating the same "fix' which has been tried many times along with every other suggestion

What is the issue ?

Why can't they fix this ?

Why can't the provide a solution that works ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's only b). The dynamiclinkmediaserver has been a problem for years, originally for the cache bloat problem. The problem is replicable and the cause is probably already known. I think if it was a priority, a competent programmer could work out a solution fairly quickly. They just haven't devoted the effort to it. Face recognition for pets must be a higher priority.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Went down many rat holes trying to resolve this problem. Uninstalled the entire Adobe Creative Suite, ran the Adobe CS Clean Up tool and removed everything from the machine - still would not resolve the issue; changed cache settings within Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic and still no resolution; uninstalled NVidia drivers and reinstalled, reset default config - sill no resolution.

BTW: I think that the Adobe CS removal tool wiped clean all version numbers and installation dates of all my Windows application - when I go into Windows Control Panel for Programs, all that information is cleared blank and it was clearly there prior to the uninstall.

Long story short - Resolved the issue with uninstalling VLC media player.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!! This save me hour of work! I appreciate you posting.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
AdamRVid LATEST
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleting VLC was also the key step for me. I tried other fixes, like folder renaming, and those did not help. I am on a Macbook Pro October 2013 running Catalina and Lightroom Classic 9.3. After deleting VLC I was able to import videos to Lightroom. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Started happening a few weeks ago, and haven't been able to import video since. i am about to reinstall everything, but am not hopeful that it will resolve the issue, given the experiences others have been having.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally, after much reading through similar problem reports on various Adobe forums, found the answer - at least for Win10:

• Close Lightroom
  • In Task Manager, look under 'Background processes' for Dynamic Link Server. It will probably show significant CPU and memory usage
  • Kill that task
  • Re-open Lightroom, and re-import the video files (or Synchronize if you have manually imported the files into the directory bypassing LR)

Worked for me, even after closing then re-opening LR and re-importing new video files.

This issue has been reported to Adobe many times before judging by the number of previous comments in the various forums, some several years old, but clearly Adobe have not done anything about it. It's dangerous, because if you miss or forget the error message and then delete/reformat your memory card without thinking ready for the next shoot, you will lose the video files - very easy to do!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me. Thanks so much!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much! This worked for us too (on mac - we used equivalent 'Activity Monitor' to search task and force quit) I also uninstalled VLC in case that was also something to do with it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines