Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't import videos in LrC 9.3 "There is a problem with the video file"

Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm on a fresh install of everything on a brand new macbook pro running Catalina 10.15.5.

LrC 9.3 doesn't allow me to import video files - of any kind - anymore.

Error says "There is a problem with the video file".

Spoiler alert: there is not a problem with the video file, the problem is with the app.

I've read about the dynamiclink file clearing etc, it doesn't help. (also, this shouldn't have to be the solution)

Please get this sorted asap. I had this issue on my previous system for a very long time, was glad to have it sorted after doing a fresh install on a new system. Sadly it's back.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

I seem to have finally solved this problem by uninstalling the insta360 import plugin that was located in the Lightroom plugins folder.

I followed these steps to remove the plugin:

https://www.insta360.com/support/supportcourse?post_id=10354

Note that in this article the plugin is called insv.bundle however the file I deleted was called Insta360Importer.bundle (I'm 99% sure that this was the file name but it might have had a different file name, I should have screen recorded the process but I didn

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also if someone could explain to me why my email address is used as my display name and not the user name I have set in my Adobe account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Also if someone could explain to me why my email address is used as my display name and not the user name I have set in my Adobe account?"

Adobe moved to a different forum service last year and it's an absolute buggy mess. See this thread for how to get your screen name to display:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/community-help/how-to-change-your-community-username/m-p/10962234/thr...

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest you post a bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum, where Adobe wants all bug reports and feature suggestions: 
https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_lightroom

They won't see your bug report here.

Be sure to include the first ten lines of the menu command Help > System Info.  Provide all the details, rather than linking back to this thread -- experience shows that Adobe developers tend not to follow the links.

I recommend you upload a sample video to Dropbox and include it in your post. Even though you're confident there is no problem with the videos, LR is clearly having some issues with them, so including a sample will help Adobe troubleshoot the issue.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to have finally solved this problem by uninstalling the insta360 import plugin that was located in the Lightroom plugins folder.

I followed these steps to remove the plugin:

https://www.insta360.com/support/supportcourse?post_id=10354

Note that in this article the plugin is called insv.bundle however the file I deleted was called Insta360Importer.bundle (I'm 99% sure that this was the file name but it might have had a different file name, I should have screen recorded the process but I didn't).

After thinking about what happened here I believe this problem was due to something going wrong with building the previews of video files which was caused by this plugin.

I came to this solution after noticing that the Lightroom "plugin loading.log' was hung up on an insta360 plugin:

"Loading /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/7.0/MediaCore/Insta360Importer.bundle
Loading from disk..."

It wouldn't move further than this line at all.

This plugin loading log is found in the dynamiclinkmediaserver folder.

This folder is what a lot of people suggest to delete/refresh in order to get things going again for other/similar issues. I'll be flagging this with the insta360 dev team to hopefully get this resolved.

Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting the detailed update. That could help others. I assume the Insta360 plugin is something you installed either directly or as part of installing a larger set of Insta360 software?

Video support in LR is so fragile...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It indeed comes as a bundle that you install with any of the insta360 cameras.

After briefly scanning similar support threads they all could fit under the same solution. Some have found workarounds through importing on their phones and syncing to the cloud (no plugins on the phone obviously so no issues there), others did fresh installs and cleans of the Adobe software and probably didn't reinstall the insta360 plugin.

I'll be making an updated blog post on my website (I had previously flagged this) about this so I can hopefully help these other lost souls.

After having this issue for what I believe is almost 2 years now I am very, very relieved.

It was solved previously after getting a new macbook and a fresh install of everything, however recently I did some filming/editing with a new insta360 camera and I thought the issue had returned after the LRC 9.3 update. Turns out it came back because I re-installed the insta360 plugins. Wish I'd realised this sooner..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines