• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can´t load my catalog

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not been able to open my Lightroom catalog on my Windows laptop - every time I try to open Lightroom Classic with this catalog, it says to close the other Lightroom applications where the catalog is supposedly running. I shut down my MacBook Air and my iPhone, restarted the Windows laptop, and still get the same message.

Now, I do suspect there´s a problem from syncing. For some reason, when I installed Lightroom Classic on the Windows, it synced with the mobile Lightroom catalog, not the MacBook Lightroom catalog, which I found odd, since the mobile Lightroom usually syncs with the other Lightroom laptop app, not the Classic version. I didn´t use the MacBook Air for a while and this week I opened the Classic app there and tried syncing, but nothing happened.

Anyone has a clue on what is happening and what I should do? 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First problem- This would most likely be caused by the existance of a .LOCK file that remains after a problematic shut-down of Lr-Classic. See this 'help' article with instructions to delete the .LOCK file.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-error-catalog-cannot-be-opened-lrcat-lock.htm...

Second problem-  You can only Sync ONE Classic Catalog, on ONE computer with the Cloud ecosystem. You cannot sync both the Windows-PC and the Mac Catalogs with the 'cloud' Lightroom. You need to decide which computer, and which Classic Catalog, is to be the ONE that has the benefits of Syncing.   And you cannot 'Sync' between the two Lr-Classic catalogs (Pc & Mac)- not possible.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines