• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Make New Catalog

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to make a New catalog with lightroom classic.  I was able to a few months ago but now it won't let me make a new one.  I've tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it, I've tried restarting my laptop, and even tried updating it.  I went back to version 9.4.  I don't know why it's not working.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Priscilla,

Can you provide more detail please:

Operating System version and when updated?

Where are you trying to create the catalog?? Internal drive or external??

It dies sound like a permissions issue perhaps but the above info will assist with finding your issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated my version to 10.1.1.  I am on MacOS Big Sur 11.1.  I am trying to make a new catalog on my external hardrive.  I didn't have this issue in November of 2020.  I tried resetting the preferences, and the adobe cleaning tool but nothing worked.  It still won't let me create a new catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What is the error message you get when you try to make a new catalog? (Some of us will not download attachments, and so I don't know what your screen shot shows)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines