• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't move adjustment brush across image

Participant ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, all! I'm having an intermittent issue that I can't seem to troubleshoot on my own. After having worked in Lightroom Classic for a while, I can no longer move the adjustment brush across the image and instead it just sticks to the borders of the image. The RGB values by the histogram shifts, so it looks like it really moves, but that this isn't reflected in the interface. A reboot of the computer fixes this for a while. I've tried switching of graphic acceleration, but to no avail. Has anyone experienced something similar? Can you think of a reason for this behavior? I'm on an 2019 Apple iMac on Mac OS 10.15.6 (latest) and have all updated all Adobe software.

I've put up a video here showing what I see: https://www.dropbox.com/s/780pqsz0thgbrp1/IMG_1489.mov?dl=0

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First thing to try is turning off the option to use the GPU in LrC. You find that option in the LrC Preferences on the Performance tab. 

Then Test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Yes, I tried that a couple of times, but sadly it didn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try placing your Cursor on the image and then call up the Adjustment brush by using the keyboard shortcut k (lowercase K).

What happens then?

The only other suggestion I have is Restart everything, LrC and your computer, when this happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue also when calling up the brush with the keyboard shortcut, I'm afraid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WACOM?

Your video monolog gives me a question, What Mouse? Mouse on/with WACOM as opposed to touch on WACOM?

Or a regular mouse?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, I have an Apple Magic mouse (though I have the same issue with a Logitec mouse I've tried). I also have a Wacom connected to the computer. I've tried deconnecting that when the issue starts, but it doesn't help. My issue is with trying to move the brusg using the mouse or when using the pen on the Wacom. For some reason I can move the brush using touch on the Wacom (one finger).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

It's 2022 and I'm having exactly the same problem as described in this thread.

Using an iMac. Have tried everything suggested here.

Can anyone point to a solution or workaround?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a link to a 30 second video i shot of the problem.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/eZxWY5H8qxHZoYRj8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

SOLUTION: Problem solved. I ran Cocktail from Maintain on my iMac and it sorted the issue. I'm guessing it's some sort of cache problem or something else Cocktail can sort. Amyway, it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines