• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CAN'T OPEN ANYMORE RAW FILES IN LIGHTROOM 6

Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able in the past to open in Lightroom 6, Canon 5D Mk IV RAW files, and now no more.

The system I use is Windows 10.

I tried with the Adobe online support, but they never call you back at the established hour, and they close the case before it's even solved...

They told me to try to download past Lightroom versions and also to install again the Creative Cloud, but it didn't work.

I hope to find some REAL help at least on this Forum.

Thanks,

Christian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will have to give more details. What exactly are you doing and what error message do you get? A screen shot would be helpful.

Do you mean"import" your5DIV files into Lightroom V6? That camera was first supported in V 5.7 so any version of LR 6 should work fine. Check in the Help -> System Info and let us know the exact version of LR you see there.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Kennet for your precious help.

I was wrong: they told me to download past version of Camera RAW and it didn't help,

and yes I meant to import and open the CR2 RAW files.Lightroom 6 RAW files.jpg

As you mentioned I checked and the Lightroom version is 6.0, but as you can see from

the screen shot I attached, when I try to update it, there is a message that says that my

Internet connection is not working, while it is...

Christian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here you'll find the installation file for lightroom 6 including the latest update to version 6.14

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-lightroom-6-cc-direct-download-links.html

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Axel for your precious information.

I will try to update it as soon as possible.

Christian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The download link for the update to  LR 6.14 from LR 6 is:  https://trials.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/legacy/99CABBAC-C975-4A06-8D99-064C6871EE80/LTRM/6/win64/Ligh...

I had to get it for my LR 6 update from Adobe support the other day.  Just install this on top of LR 6 and it should register it as 6.14.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much Matt for sending me the link to upgrade my Lightroom 6.

Christian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 5D mk IV is not supported by Lightroom 6.0. You need at least LR 6.7. The last version of the perpetual license LR 6 was LR 6.14. I believe Adobe stopped providing downloads for the perpetually liensed LR 6 and I don't know how you could get the updater as I can't find it anywhere on the adobe website anymore. I can only find a page that says that Adobe does not supply any updaters for software it no longer supports (LR 6 is no longer supported since quite a while). You might need to call again to the (indeed terrible support) and request a link to the 6.14 updater. You might get lucky and get somebody who knows but it is unlikely. Failing that, your only option, if you don't want to subscribe to the Lightroom Classic version through creative cloud, is likely to run all your mk IV raw files through the free Adobe dng converter app. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much Jao for your precious information.

I will try to ask for the link to the 6.14 updater, if not as you mentioned:

I will convert the RAW files to DNG.

Anyway it's really unfair that they wouldn't support anymore one of their

older versions, just to force people to subscribe to the Creative Cloud.

Christian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No one has been "forced" to subscribe to the Creative Cloud. There are choices that everyone has, one of them is subscribing, and one of them is not subscribing. That's a choice, not a force.

Every company stops supporting old software at some point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you dj for your comment, even if I disagree.

When you buy a lifetime standalone license of a program, you should

be able at least to continue to use it's basic funtionalities that you had

when you bought it.

Christian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What functionality are you missing that you previously had?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Joe for your kind support.

I am missing the functionality to import and open the RAW files from the Canon 5D Mk IV,

that I was able to work on them since I bought the Adobe software.

Christian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I summarize from all the good answers above-

You cannot import raw files from the 5D MkIV with Lightroom v6.0

You can import raw files from the 5D MkIV with Lightroom v6.14 (Six.Fourteen)

Adobe does not provide updates or downloads of v6.14.

The v6.14 update is available in the link given by @AxelMatt  above. (ProDesignTools)

It lists Lightroom 6/CC-  But the download is v6.14!

ScreenShot062.jpg

You do not need the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App -  for v6.14. You need a Serial Registration Number.

If you do not upgrade to v6.14, your only option is the  DNG Converter.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much Wubert for highlighting all the options I have in order to be able again

to import and open my RAW files in Lightroom 6.

Kind regards,

Christian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines