• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't open layers in Photoshop from Lightroom

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I updated both lightroom classic (9.4 release) and photoshop (21.2.4) and now when I direct multiple photos to be opened in Photoshop from Lightroom, it will open a portion of the files as layers but not all, then continue to open 1 or two more as individual files and abandons the rest.  I typically open 7 images as layers in photoshop, and have never had this problem before. 

Thank you 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your /preferences/external editing/  

What do you have set for file format  in Edit in Photoshop

And if TIFF, are you compressing?

Note, TIFF compression has changed, it now actually compresses the file (was not actually true in the past) and this will slow down opening in PS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's set as tiff and compressing as a zip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try without zip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately no, that didn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A software bug!

In the long thread on the Feedback forum- a quote from an Adobe Employee at

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/camera-raw-and-dng/lightroom-classic-open-as-layers-in-...

"Fix coming very soon..."

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!!  I couldn't believe no one else had this problem, but my community searches did not show that thread! LOL. 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

These 'Community' forums are basically about users helping other users with 'using' the software 🙂

The 'Feedback' forum is more about reporting bugs and problems where Adobe Employees may see the posts.

I find it useful to peruse both forums to keep up my knowledge about Lightroom, etc.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines