Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't open LR with Big Sur

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just upgraded to Mac OS Big Sur. When I open LR I get the following message:

"Lightroom encountered an error when reading from its preview cache and needs to quit. Lightroom will attemt to fix this problem next time it opens"

Then it quits. Each time I open Lightroom, I get this error massage and then it quits.

HELP!

Brian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a comprehensive answer from the Lightroom Queen, in this link-

PREVIEWS CORRUPT

In future: Please include the following in your questions:
Adobe product and Version number
Operating system and Version number
The full text of any Error Message(s)
What you were doing when the problem occurred
Screenshots of the problem

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please state the version NUMBER of your Lightroom. Do not use words like "latest" or "up-to-date", we need the version NUMBER.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the answers to your questions.

Adobe Product and version: Lightroom classic Version 10.1 (although I cannot confirm this because I cannot open Lightroom and view the version, I know it is the latest version from early December.

Operation system and version number: macOS Big Sur Version 11.1

The full text of any error message: “Lightroom encountered an error when reading from its preview cache and needs to quit. Lightroom will attempt to fix this problem next time it launches.” I have launched Lightroom a number of times and the problem still persists, which means that Lightroom has not been able to fit it.

What you were doing when the problem occurred: Launching Lightroom

Screenshots of the problem:

Brian Pelchat
Whitehorse, Yukon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And, did you read the link I gave in my first reply?

Launching Lightroom-Classic any number of times will NOT correct the Preview Cache Problem!

Here is the 'fix' in a link again -

Lightroom encountered an error when reading its preview cache and needs to quit.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines