Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't open LR

Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't open LR.PNGw

Hi! Please can anybody explain what happened? I have only one catalog, I closed and reopened LR, closed any app or software.

I have to continue my work... 

Thanks

Eric 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

The problem is that a previous instance of LR did not exit cleanly leaving around some temporary files. Easy fix.

Using Windows File Explorer or Mac Finder, navigate to the folder containing your catalog (*.LrCat) file.

In that folder there is probably a *.lock file with the same name as the catalog, just .Lock instead of .LrCat.

Delete the .lock file. Do NOT delete any other file.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is that a previous instance of LR did not exit cleanly leaving around some temporary files. Easy fix.

Using Windows File Explorer or Mac Finder, navigate to the folder containing your catalog (*.LrCat) file.

In that folder there is probably a *.lock file with the same name as the catalog, just .Lock instead of .LrCat.

Delete the .lock file. Do NOT delete any other file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. 

It works. 

Eric 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines