Can't Print Using Lightroom Classic and Canon Pro-100

Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not be able to print from the Lightroom Classic print module...got the "filter fail" error.

My MacBook Pro is running the current version of Lightroom, and MacOS Catalina. I made a reset of the complete MacOs Printing System, installed the newest Canon Driver, but it doesn't work. The printer is working well on any other software like Pages, Numbers and so on.

Any suggestions for solving the problem? Thank you in advance...

TOPICS
Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not run into this and don’t know the answer, but I saw an article about this the other day, it helps explain what’s happening.

https://photopxl.com/stopped-filter-failed/

The article points to their very long forum discussion about the problem here:

https://photopxl.com/forums/topic/filter-failed-issue/

Although their discussion is about Epson printers, the problem seems to be more related to the CUPS printing system in macOS, so you might find some troubleshooting insight there.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Micha S AUTHOR LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Conrad,

As described in the article, there is probably no solution to the problem at the moment, on older operating systems from Mac OS (or Windows) the printing works. The article recommends as a workaround to use one of these systems. Unfortunately I have no other systems available.

Very frustrating, no idea how I should continue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines