Highlighted

Can't re-import photos after editing them once!

New Here ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there! 

About a month ago, I bought lightroom. I used it for a while and then I realised that I cant re-import the photos that I already once have imported! I thought this feature is only for the lightroom 7-day trial, isn't it? If it is so then how can I fix this issue?

This has nothing to do with the free trial. Once you import photos into Lightroom, the expected (default) behavior is that Lightroom does not allow you to import them again.

You can go ahead and use these imported photos by finding them in the Library Module, and then performing whatever tasks you want (edit, email, print, etc.)

TOPICS
FAQ, How to, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't re-import photos after editing them once!

New Here ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there! 

About a month ago, I bought lightroom. I used it for a while and then I realised that I cant re-import the photos that I already once have imported! I thought this feature is only for the lightroom 7-day trial, isn't it? If it is so then how can I fix this issue?

This has nothing to do with the free trial. Once you import photos into Lightroom, the expected (default) behavior is that Lightroom does not allow you to import them again.

You can go ahead and use these imported photos by finding them in the Library Module, and then performing whatever tasks you want (edit, email, print, etc.)

TOPICS
FAQ, How to, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 19, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you've previously imported the photos into your catalog why do you want to re-import them?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 19, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wait so i can just import them from the catalog?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 19, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"wait so i can just import them from the catalog?"

No. You import photos once. You do not import photos more than once. See my other answer in this thread.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 19, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok nvm, thanks for thanks answer!! I just did file>import from catalogue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 19, 2020 0
dj_paige LATEST
LEGEND ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I just did file>import from catalogue."

Also not correct.

When you import files one time, you should not import them again. You shouldn't have to import a catalog either to use your photos.

You simply go to the Library Module and find the photos in there, so that you can use them (edit, email, print, etc.)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 19, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 19, 2020 0