• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can't relink images in lightroom catalog that were prev. edited in photoshop

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Windows 10 and Lightroom Classic (photos on hard drive not in the cloud.) I recently had to restore my Lightroom catalog after replacing my harddrive, but not all my images will link now. Many will, but those that won't are ones that were automatically renamed "psd" (by Lightroom) because of having some edits done to them in Photoshop before being saved in Lightroom. The names show up in the catalog with greyed out thumbnails. I can click on the little rectangle that then asks me do I want to locate the image, and when I say yes, it does open the folder of original images on hard drive for me to browse. But if I choose  the original image, it tells me it's already in Lightroom and I can't add it again. (Apparently some of the images I did multiple different Photoshop versions of, and for these I can also locate other versions of the psds, when it allows me to browse to locate, but not the version with the latest title. For example, I can browse and find the psd IMGP1691-Edit-2, but not IMGP1691-Edit-5, which is the greyed out one in Lightroom and the final version I want to use.)  I've never had to deal with this issue before, and am not a tech person, so I would be so grateful if anyone's able to help me figure it out! Thnx so much!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's greyed out, it's because it doesn't exist where you told Lightroom it was located. Please take note that "XYZ-Edit-2.psd" is a completely different file from "XYZ-Edit-5.psd", and if you moved or deleted the "-5" version at some point in the past, you would have had this problem regardless of the reinstall/restore.

The best bet would be to note which exact filenames are missing, and do a Windows search for that filename. See where the file lives, or if it even exists. It may be you inadvertently moved it to a new location, or maybe accidentally deleted it, but regardless, searching and (hopefully!) finding the file in Windows will help get to the root of the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I guess I'll try that, though there's a lot of them like this, and
they're randomly from different folders, so it doesn't make sense I would
have deleted them...thanks for the idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines