• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can't rename photo

Participant ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to macOS mojave.  i created a new catalog and try to rename a photo.   using the metadata, filename tool.  When I try, i get a message " the photo "filename" can not be renamed".  but no other info.   I have renamed a lot of photos in the last few months.  don't know why this won't work, now?

I have the current version of lightroom classic CC. 

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Oct 27, 2018 Oct 27, 2018

well, this is rather odd.  it's about 12 hours later.  i've opened & closed & backed up the catalog a few times and restarted my macbook pro.   I use a standard renaming convention, which i've used thousands of times in recent months,  YYMonDD_Text_Seq#. 

I tried again this morning,  exact same technique, with the metadata rename tool, and it worked fine.  I also imported  20 more photos, and then renamed all the photo again.  So just fyi, renaming over and existing file name is OK.  I guess LR

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the photo shown in the Library as "Missing" with an ! on the thumbnail?

Is the photo or its folder marked as 'Read Only' in the OS?  (OS updates sometimes are known to change folder permissions)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No to both. I already checked :-(.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using illegal characters?

ScreenShot422.jpg

Another file already exists with the 'rename' filename?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 27, 2018 Oct 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

well, this is rather odd.  it's about 12 hours later.  i've opened & closed & backed up the catalog a few times and restarted my macbook pro.   I use a standard renaming convention, which i've used thousands of times in recent months,  YYMonDD_Text_Seq#. 

I tried again this morning,  exact same technique, with the metadata rename tool, and it worked fine.  I also imported  20 more photos, and then renamed all the photo again.  So just fyi, renaming over and existing file name is OK.  I guess LR can keep temporary track of all the files.    

So is this a little buggy somehow, or i'm beginning to lose my mind.  ??

thank you for all the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines