• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't repair corrupt Lightroom catalog

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2018 Jun 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My main Lightroom catalog is corrupt. I have tried repairing it, but it fails every time. I have tried restoring from a backup, but that hasn't helped. Could someone from Adobe take a look at my catalog and attempt to repair?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, please I have a similar problem, since Lightroom shows the following error. It says mi catalog es corrupt, and I try to repair it but it does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same problem with my Catalog. What has changed in my setup is that I recently moved the Catalog to a folder that is monitored by Synology Drive Application in order to automatically backup changes to the catalog to my NAS.

My last backup is a couple of weeks old and I can live with that. However when after I restore it, it says I need to restart Lightroom and enable Sync since it reports my backup is old. I do not see where I should enable Sync in Lightroom.

As I was writing this I thought I may as well use my Synology backup and restore the most recent catalog. That works I was able to open the catalog. Now it still says

Problem_Syncing_with_current_catalog.png

How do I enable sync in Lightroom for the catalog I just restored.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cbroult  wrote

I also have the same problem with my Catalog. What has changed in my setup is that I recently moved the Catalog to a folder that is monitored by Synology Drive Application in order to automatically backup changes to the catalog to my NAS.

My last backup is a couple of weeks old and I can live with that. However when after I restore it, it says I need to restart Lightroom and enable Sync since it reports my backup is old. I do not see where I should enable Sync in Lightroom.

As I was writing this I thought I may as well use my Synology backup and restore the most recent catalog. That works I was able to open the catalog. Now it still says

Problem_Syncing_with_current_catalog.png

How do I enable sync in Lightroom for the catalog I just restored.

cbroult​

This is not the same problem as the rest in this thread. Please start a new thread with your problem description.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Though my initial problem was indeed a catalog corruption, you may want to remove my initial comment. I have now posted How do I enable sync in Lightroom for a catalog I just restored? to get some clarity on the expected/official procedure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ricardoa29685369  wrote

Hi, please I have a similar problem, since Lightroom shows the following error. It says mi catalog es corrupt, and I try to repair it but it does not work.

ricardoa29685369

You need to restore a recent backup of your catalog file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please could you tell me how I do that? I only count with the catalog file I have, I´ve already uninstalled Lightroom, because I changed my laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You copy the backups of your photos to the exact same folder location they were in previously.

You copy the backup of the catalog file in any newly created empty folder and then double-click on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 16, 2019 May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After upgrading to the most recent lightroom I have experienced numerous crashes followed by the catalog being corrupted and I am unable to open it.

Lightroom says its going to fix on the next open but does not

HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 17, 2019 May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your catalog is corrupt. You need to use a recent backup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2019 Jun 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue with a catalog that cannot be repaired - I have tried restoring from previous successful backups - and - get the same error. Can someone from Adobe fix this catalog? Huge Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Akash, I have the same problem with my corrupted Lightroom Catalog (on MacBook). I tried to repair it several times but Lightroom was unable to repair it. I really need my catalog back. Can you help me? Please send me a PM so that I can send you the catalog. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've already got no answers. I've tried to use Sqlite but, somehow, the program doesn't work with me.
How can I send my catalog to someone at Adobe to solve this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a corrupted catalog as well. May I have assistance to repair?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this still something we can get help with?  I just had the same issue with one, started a new catalog, and then that one corrupted 20 minutes later while I was editing in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. When booting Lightroom Classic it says it is corrupt and cannot be used or backed up. Then Lightroom says it had problems reading or writing from the disk attempting to repair. I uninstalled and reinstalled it, but that did not help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My catalog was working yesterday and is now corrupt. Lightroom does not succeed to repair it. What can I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No puedo abrir el programa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"No puedo abrir el programa"

This is really too brief, and contains too few details, for us to provide any meaningful help. Please start a new thread, and please provide lots and lots of details. Lots of information is superior to brevity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! It appears as though people are sending their catalog to tech support in an attempt at recovery. Am I able to do this? I have also gotten the "cannot repair corrupt catalog" error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue - can someone help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to the new Lightroom Classic and it updated my catalog and now it says it is damaged and cannot repair it. Is there any way I can go back to before the update? Or can you all find a way to repair it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need a catalog repaired as well. Can someone from Adobe pm me and help out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing this issue with a catalog. Is it possible to get some help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

STOP

Please please please post your own, brand new posting on your corrupt catalog problem

WHY?

• The original posting on this one is 3 years old, and may or may not have been resolved
  • Your LrC version is probably not the same as the OP
  • What is your OS, what was the OP OS? Heck if we know
  • Start your own post, your own problem, your own circumstances

ALSO BE AWARE OF

• Be aware, that these community pages are not for direct technical help from Adobe
  • Be aware that the vast majority of the people in these community pages are not Adobe Employees, we are fellow LrC users
  • Be aware that actual Adobe employees rarely enter these community pages (this has been getting improved upon lately)

WHEN YOU POST, INCLUDE

• Include the full name and version of the Adobe program, for example Lightroom Classic v10..3
  • Include the name, and version of your Operating System, for example Windows 10 v19043
  • Include any error message, verbatim

CONSIDER INCLUDING (well probably not on this  issue)

• CPU, make/model, clock speed
  • RAM
  • GPU make/model
  • GPU driver version
  • GPU VRAM

Consider posting problems like catalog corruption at the official feedback site where Adobe likes to receive them:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/topics/lightroom-classic/5f5f2093785c1f1e6cc40872?cType=PROBLEM&page=...

Above request for info apply's at that site as well.

for some info on using this community site, see:

Adobe | Community How-To Guide - Tips & Best Practices

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2023 Sep 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"corrupt catalog" may be part of a larger problem.  LRC seems to  ignore the fact that I open LRC by selecting a specific catalog.  LRC attempts to open the old original catalog, which it declares "corrupted."  I do not seen any sign of a "repair."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines