• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't repair corrupt Lightroom catalog

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2018 Jun 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My main Lightroom catalog is corrupt. I have tried repairing it, but it fails every time. I have tried restoring from a backup, but that hasn't helped. Could someone from Adobe take a look at my catalog and attempt to repair?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 29, 2023 Sep 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kmot61  Your screen-clip suggests that your files are in ONE-DRIVE and in some sort of sync mode.

Get them all OUT of one-drive! They won't work there.

Lightroom-Classic can only work with Catalogs and Image files when they are (permanently) located on a 'Local' hard-drive.

It is the syncing that is corrupting your catalogs!

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2023 Sep 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  I wil deal with the "One Drive problem this morning (Sept 30).  It is imterfering with several things.  NO THANK YOU Microsoft..    Tom Kane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just posted (in this forum) the hint of a large problem.   LRC ignores the fact that I opened LRC by selecting a specific catalog.  LRC opens by trying to open the "corrupt" catalog but does not initiat a "repair."  LRC only displays the "bezel"  displaying the "corrupt" catalog name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If LrC suggests a Catalog is "Corrupt" then a 'Repair' is very rarely successful, and  a restore of a backup catalog (from the ZIP file) is the only recourse. RESTORE A CATALOG FROM BACKUP 

You may be referring to the Preference/General setting that determines the 'default catalog' when you open LrC from the App icon.

This Preference can be set to ask you 'which catalog?' you want to open-

2023-10-01 06_34_50-Preferences.jpg

Or you can get the "Prompt me....." question by holding down the [CTRL] key while you open LrC from the App icon, or Start menu.

You can open a "specific catalog" by either-

1) Using the [CTRL] key to prompt an answer from you

2) Finding the Catalog.LRCAT file (with File Explorer) and [Double-Click]

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Rob Cullen. BUT, LRC does not respond with  the "' prompt me.....' question"  when I try holding the CTRL key while opening LRC.  I did receive and try an alternative suggestion --- using the ALT key rather than the CTRL key.  That (ALT)  worked, today, though it failed in a previous attempt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We were able to recover your catalog. I've sent you a private message with the repaired catalog.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Akash,  I have the same issue.  Could you attempt to repair my catalog as well? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marco Island Photographer

Sorry to hear about the corrupt catalog. I've sent a message privately, Please check.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Akash, I sent you a link to my Dropbox containing the corrupt catalog.  Have you been able to download the catalog file? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Akashi, 

I'm having a problem with a corrupt catalog.  Can you please help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TonyD315,

Thanks for reaching out.

I have sent you a private message. Please check.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Akash - this is Jennifer, Marco Island Photographer. Is TonyD315 someone

working on my case for Adobe? Have you been able to access my corrupt

catalog I placed in a shared Dropbox for you?

On Tue, Sep 25, 2018 at 7:28 AM Akash Sharma <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you getting my messages?

On Tue, Sep 25, 2018 at 9:08 AM Jennifer Haunschild <

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have sent you the repaired catalog via PM. Please check.

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the same issue with my main catalog being corrupt and Lightroom Classic falling to repairing it for no apparent reason and i realise now that the backup are corrupt as well!

Could you help me repair it???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash - 

I just had a massive LR catalog crash and now it cannot be repaired. I have 5 years of edits in there. The last time I backed it up was last summer. Is there anyway you can help me recover it?

Mike 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Private message"  I acknowledge that I am ot familiar enough with the forum to know if  "Private Message" refers to email or a notification on this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! I also have a corrupt catalog that can't be repaired. Booooooo. No backups as I just started the catalog today and have been editing away on it since I created it. Is there a chance to have it repaired?

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mckenzier7408,

Thanks for reaching out. Sorry that your Lightroom catalog got corrupt.

I've sent you a private message. Please check.

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I really need help with a corrupt catalogue - can you please advise? THANK YOU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo Akash, ich habe ebenfalls Probleme mit einem defekten Lightroom Katalog, Die verschiedenen Lösungen zur Reparatur haben keine Erfolg gebracht. Kannst Du mir helfen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i need help as well with a corrupt catalog

please email me

(Edited by moderator to remove email address)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having this problem. Catalog was on dropbox and worked a few days ago and now nothing after system crash. Too many images and collections to even think about starting over. And being a genius - no backups. Can you please help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here and even when I try to create a new catalog it gives me an error. Lightroom won't even open up anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gummi71  wrote

Same here and even when I try to create a new catalog it gives me an error. Lightroom won't even open up anymore.

Please tell us, word-for-word, verbatim, what the error message says.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines