• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't see dehaze slider?

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2015 Jun 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just received update over Creative Cloud to Lightroom CC (2015) and I can't see dehaze slider in the Effect tab in develop module? How can I fix that?

Lightroom version: CC 2015.0.1 [ 1018573 ]

License: Creative Cloud

Operating system: Windows 7 Ultimate Edition

Version: 6.1 [7601]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 15, 2015 Jun 15, 2015

You need to update first. Your LR version is still the old one.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 184 Replies 184
LEGEND ,
Jul 26, 2015 Jul 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The screen I included, above, should occur after you click Add to Cart on the screen you show, or maybe it's one step beyond that, even, I forget, now.

Continuous subscription payments leads to continuous features.  One-time payments get you one-time features.  It makes sense, but if you didn't know then it seems like you make an uninformed choice.  Would you have signed up for CC to get Dehaze if you knew it was only in CC for now until LR 7?

I had a similar thing happen to me when LR 5 was introduced.   I paid the $80 LR 4-to-LR 5 upgrade fee immediately, and then a few months later LR 5 was added to CC and I started paying the $10/month so I'd have the latest Photoshop, and basically wasted my LR 5 upgrade fee.  I think it was about 4 months between LR 5 and CC that included LR 5 so my $80 was used for those 4 months.  At that time there wasn't even a choice to get LR 5 vs LR CC, LR 5 was the only thing there was at first, until Adobe decided to add LR 5 to a PS bundle for $10/month.

The money savings happened this upgrade transition, where I didn't pay for a LR 6 upgrade, since I'm on LR CC, now, and won't pay for another serial-number upgrade until at some point I decide I don't want to pay $10/month, anymore, which probably won't be for a few more versions, and maybe a serial-number-licensed LR won't exist, anymore.  Basically I wasted money in the transition and now am happy with CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2015 Sep 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel the same. Loved LR. Needing an upgrade so tried 6 on a trial bases. Of course that showed all the bells and whistles so when I was hooked as expected, I bought the LR6 outright and just noticed I received no upgrades, with haze function being just the beginning. Very frustrated and will be cancelling my purchase. Too much effort to be a customer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

twistedboots wrote:

Too much effort to be a customer.

DeHaze is in there - if you're using the right version.

Sorry and all, but it's your job to make sure that's the case - you're blaming everyone else for what will almost certainly be something you're not doing properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is the buyers responsibility to check what they are getting but Adobe should have 2 trial versions, one for stand alone and one for CC and if not than make it EXTREMELY clear that they are different which doesn't seem to be the case. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that'd be great, but I've lost count of the number of complaints just like this one where the user was actually opening the wrong version of Lr on their machine - until we've eliminated that possibility (and God knows, it's not hard to do) the kind of righteous indignation Twistedboots is spouting doesn't sit well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Twisted boots has every reason to be frustrated. Adobe isn't clear about which versions have what features and it is bull that they refer you to forums rather than answer your questions directly. He and thousands of others are frustrated with Adobe's lack of  consistency, lack of direct support, and lack of clarity about both issues and product features.  If it is my responsibility to find out what features my version contains or does not contain, make that info easy to find or better yet make the features standard across all versions and don't make me get that info from other users!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keith, they list the creative cloud as a separate free trial download among the individual programs. Show me where it's clear that if you download Lightroom CC that differs from Lightroom 6? As a matter of fact their wording is extremely misleading.

Select any of the applications below to download a free trial.  Or sign up for your free trial of Creative Cloud to get free access to all of these applications, mobile apps, web storage, and more.

Download a free trial or buy Adobe products | Adobe downloads

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All those trials are for the CC versions.  The option of the Lightroom CC subscription is new - but Lightroom 6 works similarly to how it has in the past, whereby standalone releases do not receive new feature upgrades until the next major product cycle.

What Are the Differences Between Lightroom CC vs. LR6?

This is a screen shot of the purchase screen for Lightroom 6:

lightroom-6-purchase-screen.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand, but where does it imply that the features from CC are not included in the Lightroom 6? I mean when the only option to the trial is a cc version most would think you are being offered a monthly access to all programs with all the fancy syncs and mobile access etc., not a completely different version altogether.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

twistedboots wrote:

" ... a program with all the fancy syncs and mobile access etc., not a completely different version altogether. "

But that's exactly what the posted screenshot says.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, I don't see where it advises the consumer that they will not be getting all the features of the program included in the LIghtroom 6 trial version? It advises you won't receive further updates is all, not a different version altogether.

When Lightroom 7 surfaces I wouldn't expect my version to update, but that's a given. That has nothing to do with what is already in place with Lightroom 6 (cc). It should offer those features across the board if the product I'm interested in buying is offered in the trial product or advise the consumer of such differences. They are not clear about that.  Makes no sense. Unless you are on the receiving end of the profits. Hopes are, I'm sure, most people would opt for the most expensive item out of pure frustration. Bad business etiquette.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't get "a different version altogether".

You get a version that is behind CC in terms of new functionality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. So it's basically my job to know what updates have been made to a product I have no interested in to determine what features the product I am interested in has. Right on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or they can just offer a Lightroom 6 desktop trial version. Seems much, much easier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ProDesignTools wrote:

twistedboots wrote:

" ... a program with all the fancy syncs and mobile access etc., not a completely different version altogether. "

But that's exactly what the posted screenshot says.

When a user reads the info in the posted screen shot they are told they will not get feature updates but the trial already has the updates.  How is the user supposed to know that Dehaze and a few other things are not in LR6 standalone and were updates to the original program without a lot of investigation that is above normal checking of specs.  I agree that they should have a Lr standalone trial to avoid a lot of confusion by the customer. Adobe marketing techniques seem to be as bad as their quality control techniques. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The company expectations for the customers to give me the answers on their products says a lot right there. They are laughing all the way to the bank.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe can sell their products any way they want.  Adobe must be making money on the CC version and thats what companies are SUPPOSED to do, make money, but if they are going to sell a standalone version they should market it in a manner that is clear to the customer what they are getting and they are definitely not doing that.  They should have a trial for the standalone, I fully agree.

I think the CC version is the way to go as even though Lr does 95% of what I need I go into Photoshop once in awhile.  I used to get Photoshop Elements to use along with Lr but Photoshop is a lot nicer to use now that I use CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. I was just pointing out their tactics on customer service and product marketing will sway my business elsewhere.

I can't see paying a monthly fee for their product because in the end it will cost thousands on a long term basis.

Oh well, onto the next. Thanks for all your help. You should receive a paycheck from adobe as every other person on this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2015 Sep 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Err, can you just tell me in a nutshell if I can get the dehaze version as I have just signed up for monthly sub on the £6.95 first 12 months job but can't get it and have tried signing out and back in? Cheers : )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2015 Sep 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

willbo2000 wrote:

Err, can you just tell me in a nutshell if I can get the dehaze version as I have just signed up for monthly sub on the £6.95 first 12 months job but can't get it and have tried signing out and back in? Cheers : )

Hi Will,

If logging out and then back in again didn't help, then you may not be running the most recent release on your computer yet...

Select the Help menu > System Info, and make sure you're running the latest version of Lightroom CC, which is currently 2015.1.1.

If not, then choose Help menu > Updates to update your software, restart, and then check it again using the previous command.

And if that doesn't work for some reason, then you can just use the direct download links for Lightroom 6/CC - and/or its updates - instead.

Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2015 Sep 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There

No joy I'm afraid, tried all the suggested andt still have version 5.7.1!

Cheers

Will

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to mention I have uninstalled LR5 and went back to the creative cloud - only gives option for LR5 altough PSCC2015 is available..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

willbo2000 wrote:

Just to mention I have uninstalled LR5 and went back to the creative cloud - only gives option for LR5 altough PSCC2015 is available..

Do you have a 32bit operating system or a 64bit operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Oh crap, I just went thru' support and it is a 32 bit system and that must be it - whoops, feeling a bit silly!

Time to upgrade!

Sorry for wasting time! Thanks for all the support..

Cheers

Will

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, what dj_paige hinted and what you discovered is correct - Lightroom 6 requires a 64-bit system...  CC subscribers who have a 32-bit computer can still download and use LR5 instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines