• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't see my hard drive called A:

Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's my very first day with LR. I have Lr 12.2.

It's around 20 years since I don't have a floppy drive and since then I set up my hard drives a:, b:, c: ... etc. At the moment I have 2 internal drives with 4 partitions: a, b, c & d.

The tutorial said the first step was to click 'Import...' and find my images. The problem is that they are on drive b: (100k images, 1.5TB) but Lr lists only drive c: and d:.

It was never ever a problem to any software to handle a: and b: drives (even Windows can run from drive a: w/o complains). Once I got ransomware that destroyed my c: (system) drive but did not touch a: & b: so I was over it with a simple Windows setup.

How can I use drive b: in Lr if I wouldn't rename it to e: or stg.?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

This is an old "feature" in Lightroom dating back to the time when everyone had floppy disk drives, that was never disabled, and unfortunately still exists even though the need for it is long gone. You cannot use drives A: or B: as storage locations in Lightroom.

Renaming the drive to any letter C through Z would work as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an old "feature" in Lightroom dating back to the time when everyone had floppy disk drives, that was never disabled, and unfortunately still exists even though the need for it is long gone. You cannot use drives A: or B: as storage locations in Lightroom.

Renaming the drive to any letter C through Z would work as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. Great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines