• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't tether my Nikon Z6 II to Lightroom

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently purchased a Nikon Z6 II camera and I watnt to tether it to Lightroom CC Ver. 10.1.1, Mac Pro (Big Sir Ver. 11.2.2). The camera has the latest firmware as well. I can import files from the camera to Lightroom but I can't get tether to work. Is this a software problem with this new camera/firmware or is there an issue with Lightroom CC? Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR doesn't yet support the Nikon Z6 II for tethering:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/tethered-camera-support.html 

See this FAQ for details about Adobe tethering support:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-tether-camera-suppo... 

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nikon did not add support for the z6ii and z7ii to the Nikon SDK until December 2020. The next update of LrC will be the first possible release available with the new Nikon SDK. Adobe does not discuss future releases with the public.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply and info, hopefully the next version of Lightroom C will offer this function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

5 months and still no tethering support. Great work Adobe. Capture One has tethering for like a month.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From everthing I have read if you have Lightroom 10.2 (which I have) and MAC with 11.4.  The Z6 II is supported.  What am I missing.  I cannot get it to work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Nikon Z6 II was indeed added to the tether-supported list for LR 10.2 (Mac only):

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/tethered-camera-support.html 

See this troubleshooting checklist:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-tethered-capture-lightroom.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem with my z6 ii.  Latest firmware all the way around and I get the spinning wheel.  Never connects...when I grab my z6 however it connects immediately.  

Cable is good because it works with the z6

USB power turned off.

Media card in or out.

Read somewhere change video settings to 1080.  Didn't work.

Reboot everything, over and over.  Still z6 ii will not tether.

Only thing I haven't tried is Capture One.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@glen28864092kfns , Please provide information about your Operating System and Lightroom Classic app the actual version numbers.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines