• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can you show me how to import images from iCloud and iPhone into Lightroom?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in Lightroom and want to import images from iCloud and/or Photos Library. I click the arrow next to Select a source. I click on Other Source. I see the Photos Library, but it is grayed out. No access. And iCloud is nowhere to be found. I am able to access both normally, but not through Lightroom. Can someone please help? Thank you! Lorraine Gracey

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac systems "hide" the Photos Library from Lightroom. You need to have your camera files in a folder that is visible to Lightroom.

There is some advice in the forums here-

I can't find Apples Photos' library to import into Lightroom 6.

"you can export your photos from within the Photos App. There is a point under File - Export - Export unmodified original. After that you can import them from the filesystem into LR."

and here-

can photos stored in the new Apple Photos be quickly transferred to Lightroom? I am not at all happy...

iCloud- I know nothing! (a Windows user)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Easiest way is to install Lightroom CC on your iPhone. Log on to your CC account in Lightroom CC on your phone. Hit the little plus photo icon. Select "Add from camera roll" (for images shot using the camera roll or from iCloud photos (make sure iCloud photo library is enabled on the phone). Select the photos you want in lightroom and add them. Now in Lightroom Classic on your computer make sure that your catalog is set to sync and it will download the added photos automatically. If you are in Lightroom CC instead of Classic on your computer you will see your images show up right away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines