• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot add gps location to photos on lightroom classic 9.3

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the last update, adding gps to photo through menu or drag/drop on location doesn't work. It was working fine yesterday before the update.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by "doesn't work"? What steps do you follow? What exactly happens? What do you see (or not see) that indicates that it doesn't work? Please be specific.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The upgrade process may well have damaged the Lightroom preference file. Try resetting it as described in Method 1 at this link https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to reset the preferences as the instruction, but even after the reset it didn't work. It does nothing when I click to add the gps coordinates, or if I drag the photo to the location on the map. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to reset preferences again. When I open the map, if I don't move the map and set gps to a location on screen, it works. Then when I move the map to another location, or search for other, it stops working again.

Tried uninstall/install everything (including Creative Cloud), didn't help either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, the problem only occurs when I try to set GPS to a location on Monaco, the software goes crazy and doesn't let me change anything. If I close and set the GPS to another country then everything works fine. Don't know if it was because of the update or not, maybe it was a coincidence, didn't try to put gps information on any photos from Monaco before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like a bug. I can't get it to work either. This used to work fine before. Now (LR C 9.3) it refuses to assign a gps location if you drag an image onto the map.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently this is an old issue already present for a few people in 8.2: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom-classic-8-2-drag-and-drop-gps-taggi... that never got solved. I know this worked for me fairly recently still

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strangely, inspired by a post in the link I posted, I got the ability back to drag and drop on the map by turning off GPU acceleration. Quitting Lightroom Classic and then turning GPU acceleration back on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In my case, I can add gps location if it's not in Monaco. But if I try to pin any photos to any Monaco location, the map doesn't work anymore, the gps location is not updated, and I have to close Lightroom and open again for the maps to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines