• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot create a new lightroom catalog

New Here ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a hard time understanding why my lightroom won't let me create a new catalog. Every time I try, the "create" button is grayed out and unavailable to click. I'm sure I did something wrong BUT not sure what are the next steps to fix it. I saw on here years ago that I need to find something about permission but not sure where and how to fix it. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the first I would try to reset the Lightroom preferences to the default settings:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-basic-troubleshooting-fix-most-issues.html#Re...

If this doesn't help please check the permission rights:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-basic-troubleshooting-fix-most-issues.html#Tr...

If this doesn't help we need more informations about your environment. 

Which operating system do you use? 

Which version of Lightroom do you use? 

Please post the exact version and not only phrases as "recent", "latest" and so on. 

Do you get an error message? If yes, please post the exact message or an screenshot.  

insert graphic compact.png

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What usually happens is that you forgot to fill in a name at the top of the dialog. Without having filled in a name, you can't create a catalog.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines